Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2021, 11:45am
My daughter was told she had as asthma today. This seems to be a direct result of covid as she never had breathing issues before this and has always been pretty active and not exhibited breathing issues in the past.
Sorry to hear mate.

My ex's daughter was diagnosed with asthma when she was about ten with no prior issues. Is there a proven link between the two?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2021, 11:56am
revbob wrote:
My daughter was told she had as asthma today. This seems to be a direct result of covid as she never had breathing issues before this and has always been pretty active and not exhibited breathing issues in the past.
Sorry to hear mate.

My ex's daughter was diagnosed with asthma when she was about ten with no prior issues. Is there a proven link between the two?
Not sure, she's 25 and has had the symptoms since she had covid.

The doc said it is hard to know for sure

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Mimi wrote:
23 May 2021, 6:58pm
Partially behind a paywall, but I managed to read snippets from other sites. Intelligence reports are pointing to the origin of the virus came from the lab.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligen ... _lead_pos3
I just googled to see who owned wsj and it's rupert murdoch. Blech!!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they find a cure for all the long-haulers.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
Sorry to hear about that, our daughter has asthma as well, but fortunately didn't get COVID. I hope they have success in treating it so that it's not impacting her lifestyle.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Shit, so sorry to read this. How manageable is it?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Thanks everyone. She went on a short run today and she said she was ok, didn't need an inhaler or anything and is planning a longer run for Wednesday. There's no history of it in the family either.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2021, 2:24pm
Thanks everyone. She went on a short run today and she said she was ok, didn't need an inhaler or anything and is planning a longer run for Wednesday. There's no history of it in the family either.
What was her experience with covid? Was it a mild case or something worse? That really sucks if even mild cases have side effects like asthma. Either way, sorry to hear about her diagnosis.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
24 May 2021, 3:18pm
revbob wrote:
What was her experience with covid? Was it a mild case or something worse? That really sucks if even mild cases have side effects like asthma. Either way, sorry to hear about her diagnosis.
She got knocked down pretty good by it.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2021, 4:02pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
24 May 2021, 3:18pm
revbob wrote:
She got knocked down pretty good by it.
Ah, ok. I seem to recall you mentioned that earlier but wasn’t sure. Hopefully any lingering difficulties are mild. Good that she can get out for a run. My brother has had asthma for years and has an inhaler, but I think I’ve only seen him use it once.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
24 May 2021, 9:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 May 2021, 9:47pm
Mimi wrote:
23 May 2021, 6:58pm
Partially behind a paywall, but I managed to read snippets from other sites. Intelligence reports are pointing to the origin of the virus came from the lab.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligen ... _lead_pos3
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.
What? Lab accidents? Or articles like this?
Plagues

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2021, 12:07pm
Heston wrote:
24 May 2021, 11:56am
revbob wrote:
Sorry to hear mate.

Not sure, she's 25 and has had the symptoms since she had covid.

The doc said it is hard to know for sure
Crap. I'm sorry, that really sucks.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.salon.com/2021/05/26/anti-v ... accinated/

It really is crazy all the way down, and down has no bottom.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 7:22am

I blame Jenny McCarthy for this. She normalized being anti-vaxx.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 7:22am

I blame Jenny McCarthy for this. She normalized being anti-vaxx.
And Oprah gave her the platform. Whenever liberals go on about how amazing Oprah is, I just shake my head. She aided so much quackery over the years that she deserves shunning for life.