Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 7:54am
Got offered the jab today through work. Needless to say I said yes.
What job, or jab as they say in England?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 9:15am
Heston wrote:
I work for the council as a general dogsbody picking up everything from sofas to discarded pythons. They've said I qualify because I work in mid-rise flats, whatever that means. I wasn't asking questions.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 9:23am
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
I work for the council as a general dogsbody picking up everything from sofas to discarded pythons. They've said I qualify because I work in mid-rise flats, whatever that means. I wasn't asking questions.
Do you get to drive around in a truck looking busy?

As a kid I remember there was two guys worked for the town and that's what they did. Picked up road kill probably did some light drinking and called it a day, it was a small town and different times.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 10:29am
Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 9:23am
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Do you get to drive around in a truck looking busy?

As a kid I remember there was two guys worked for the town and that's what they did. Picked up road kill probably did some light drinking and called it a day, it was a small town and different times.
That's pretty much me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got my first jab on Friday. They opened it up for pre-existing conditions (my past kidney issues weren't listed, but they didn't actually check). The reason I and others were able to get in is because in the next county over, they had a ton of unclaimed vaccines. The residents don't want them. ONE COUNTY OVER. I stopped to grab some mints at a gas station and it was like COVID didn't exist. Nobody was wearing masks and everyone looked at me like I was a freak for wearing one.

Next jab is on Feb. 12th. No side effects aside from arm soreness.

Sorry about all of the stress you dealt with, Hoy. That really sucks.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Oh Im a dummy I mistook Heston's jab to mean job like he got a new job.

Carry on

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 11:41am
Oh Im a dummy I mistook Heston's jab to mean job like he got a new job.

Carry on
He's not Welsh. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 11:09am
Got my first jab on Friday. They opened it up for pre-existing conditions (my past kidney issues weren't listed, but they didn't actually check). The reason I and others were able to get in is because in the next county over, they had a ton of unclaimed vaccines. The residents don't want them. ONE COUNTY OVER. I stopped to grab some mints at a gas station and it was like COVID didn't exist. Nobody was wearing masks and everyone looked at me like I was a freak for wearing one.
There is a quality of some Americans that defies understanding. Wholly immune to the basics of self-preservation or good sense.

My nephew is in the foreign service in South America. He and his wife took their kids to the birthday party of a young son of one of the American diplomats. They thought it would be a small affair, plenty of room for distancing and all that. Nope. Over 50 people and none of the Americans wore masks. Non-Americans did their best to stay outside in the yard and maintain space. But my nephew said that if anyone was infected, yeah, they're all infected now.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 11:58am
JennyB wrote:
There is a quality of some Americans that defies understanding. Wholly immune to the basics of self-preservation or good sense.

My nephew is in the foreign service in South America. He and his wife took their kids to the birthday party of a young son of one of the American diplomats. They thought it would be a small affair, plenty of room for distancing and all that. Nope. Over 50 people and none of the Americans wore masks. Non-Americans did their best to stay outside in the yard and maintain space. But my nephew said that if anyone was infected, yeah, they're all infected now.
People are so stupid.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 11:58am
JennyB wrote:

Yeah Trump had done a lot of purging of those ranks in general. Any of his appointees really need to be weeded out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

“Sir, all the nasal swabs are gone, and I assure you I am not enjoying this any more than you are. Now if you’ll please just stick your butt out the window…”

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 7:14am
“Sir, all the nasal swabs are gone, and I assure you I am not enjoying this any more than you are. Now if you’ll please just stick your butt out the window…”

At least fetishizing this makes more sense than the nose one.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 4:15pm
Only 75 years!

Scarfolk ...great stuff

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

matedog wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 10:23am
Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 7:14am

At least fetishizing this makes more sense than the nose one.
I was picturing it in the form of a Ziggy single panel comic. This new testing method probably wouldn’t lend itself to drive-thru testing though.

My younger cousin is a dental student and gets tested regularly, not sure if by nasal or oral swab. He stopped over at my parents’ house last week to drop something off, and my aunt called to say he had tested positive 2 days later, and then negative 2 days after that, so who the hell knows. He is quarantining and they haven't left the house to be on the safe side. My parents are 73 and 74 years old, so hopefully the negative test was the accurate one and they weren’t exposed. Apparently everybody was masked up and he only stood inside the front door for about 2 minutes, so the risk of exposure seems low. Cousin is symptom-free and my parents are due to get the vaccine in early February. It would be nice to have more reliable tests if we’re ever going to get a handle on this thing.