Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 1:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:08am
revbob wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 10:31am
AKA Jimmy Ray Vaughan brother of long dead Stevie Ray Vaughan (whose music couldn't bore me more if he had tried).
So is he, like, Jim Belushi or was he legit without the last name?
Kind of...He's the older brother who makes even more boring music.

https://youtu.be/EcXT1clXc04
Oh, shit, yeah, I know them. A band I would furiously change the channel or walk out of the bar if I heard them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 2:12pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
AKA Jimmy Ray Vaughan brother of long dead Stevie Ray Vaughan (whose music couldn't bore me more if he had tried).

Oh, shit, yeah, I know them. A band I would furiously change the channel or walk out of the bar if I heard them.
RevDrbobMedulla in the house.

Kindred spirits.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 2:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 2:12pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

RevDrbobMedulla in the house.

Kindred spirits.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i love the idea of all you guys turning on mtv and seeing that video.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 3:40pm
We've paid our dues in the trenches, civilian!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Had my first experience with a COVID testing site yesterday/today. The kids stayed home sick: congestion, headaches. Man, it was a gross experience. People waiting in line for a test, coughing & hacking, no masks. I estimate mask wearing was maybe 55-60%. Then we overheard a woman tell her 2 small children, "the vaccines don't work, that's why they're paying people to take them." My son tested negative and I expect my daughter will do the same (they're too young to get vaccinated).
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 4:19pm
Flex wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 3:40pm
We've paid our dues in the trenches, civilian!
He ain't tuff enuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 5:26pm
Had my first experience with a COVID testing site yesterday/today. The kids stayed home sick: congestion, headaches. Man, it was a gross experience. People waiting in line for a test, coughing & hacking, no masks. I estimate mask wearing was maybe 55-60%. Then we overheard a woman tell her 2 small children, "the vaccines don't work, that's why they're paying people to take them." My son tested negative and I expect my daughter will do the same (they're too young to get vaccinated).
Ugh. The deathwish of so many of your citizens is baffling. Not that Canada is any great shakes. Even tho our neighbourhood is reliably masked, the Boss just came back from a memorial service in Sask for a friend, and she was appalled by how limited the mask usage was. Big surprise that Sask is also the worst province in Canada for new cases. That it's also now the most conservative politically is no coincidence.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
I'd be pissed if I was standing in line with others who suspect they have COVID and want to get tested but are too stubborn (stupid?) to put a mask on. I mean, c'mon, you're there because you suspect you're sick, mask up and protect others. I'd have probably bitten the tip of my tongue all the way through had I heard the lady telling her kids "they pay people" to take the shots. This segment of our population shouldn't be breeding.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
I hate people. Fingers crossed that the vaxx for younger kids moves forward quickly post this morning's announcement.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 11:04am
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Take off Hoy's sunglasses!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Got some symptoms, reasonably minor so far—it's either a cold or the vaccine is working well enough. I can't decide when to go get tested. If it's too soon, I don't want a false negative and to have to go back.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 5:48pm
Got some symptoms, reasonably minor so far—it's either a cold or the vaccine is working well enough. I can't decide when to go get tested. If it's too soon, I don't want a false negative and to have to go back.
I did a quick google but didn't find any recommended time frame. 3-5 days after you think you've been exposed, but nothing about when you might have symptoms.