Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 8:27am
Now that right there is a contender for the 2021 Darwin awards, God forbid they reproduce.
Im guessing that regardless of vax status they are just assholes.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:40am
Sparky wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 8:27am
Now that right there is a contender for the 2021 Darwin awards, God forbid they reproduce.
Im guessing that regardless of vax status they are just assholes.
I think that's probably a given!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Apparently Ted "Cancun" Curz & other far right nutsacks are upset Big Bird got the COVID 19 vaccine.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cru ... ne-2021-11

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Scientists agree that you cannot undo a vaccine once it has been administered
Scientists arent they the ones who got us in this mess to begin with? :shifty:

So there was a small anti vax rally in the area this past weekend.
One sign read "The Vaccine is Not a Cure"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 8:29am

Joe Rogan says he isn't a scientist and that's good enough for me. Now, hand me that beaker of sulphuric acid—gonna clean all the viruses and vaccines out of my body.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 8:32am
revbob wrote:

Joe Rogan says he isn't a scientist and that's good enough for me. Now, hand me that beaker of sulphuric acid—gonna clean all the viruses and vaccines out of my body.
Stupidity is a truly crippling disease.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 9:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 8:32am
revbob wrote:

Stupidity is a truly crippling disease.
More than stupidity, it's more like petulance. Stupidity says you don't understand medicine so you refuse any kind of treatment. Petulance is rejecting what experts say to do and then engage in a "treatment" that experts say won't help or may kill you. We'll show those experts! I can process the logic, flawed as it is, behind vaccine fear, but then swallowing horse dewormer or some other concoction is a statement against expertise. A significant part of the population is mentally stuck in the Terrible Twos.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Is it safe to use this with the Trump bleach cleansing method?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 12:49pm
Is it safe to use this with the Trump bleach cleansing method?
It's a cruder treatment, but the effects are generally the same as all these other cures.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

My 11 year old son tested positive last night. He had a fever on Friday and then just general tiredness over the weekend. We kept him home on Monday and got him tested. I think he's going to be fine. Fever has been gone since Saturday morning and if you saw him right now you would never guess he has COVID.

...but wait, there's more...

Feeling a little nasal congestion, I took an in home test this morning and guess what, it was positive!? Looks like I have breakthrough COVID. I went and go an "official" test just to be sure, but my hunch is that it will come back positive. I don't feel that bad. Most of the head colds I've had in my life have felt far worse. Heck, seasonal allergies feel worse. I have some congestion in my nose and I maybe feel a little tired. That's pretty much it (knock on wood). No fever, cough, headache, body aches, chills, loss of smell. I'm crediting that fact that I'm vaccinated to what feels like a light touch of the virus.

The biggest bummer (so far) is that we had to cancel our trip to San Francisco. We were supposed to head out on Friday. Thankfully, everything is refundable (thank you, Southwest).

I'm going to wait until I have the official results before I notify my job. I've been working from home today, so the hope is that they let me work from home for the remainder of my isolation period. If all goes well, it would end one week from today.

It's just a but surprising and frustrating to have made it this far without getting sick.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 3:10pm
My 11 year old son tested positive last night. He had a fever on Friday and then just general tiredness over the weekend. We kept him home on Monday and got him tested. I think he's going to be fine. Fever has been gone since Saturday morning and if you saw him right now you would never guess he has COVID.

Feeling a little nasal congestion, I took an in home test this morning and guess what, it was positive!? Looks like I have breakthrough COVID. I went and go an "official" test just to be sure, but my hunch is that it will come back positive. I don't feel that bad. Most of the head colds I've had in my life have felt far worse. Heck, seasonal allergies feel worse. I have some congestion in my nose and I maybe feel a little tired. That's pretty much it (knock on wood). No fever, cough, headache, body aches, chills, loss of smell. I'm crediting that fact that I'm vaccinated to what feels like a light touch of the virus.

The biggest bummer (so far) is that we had to cancel our trip to San Francisco. We were supposed to head out on Friday. Thankfully, everything is refundable (thank you, Southwest).

I'm going to wait until I have the official results before I notify my job. I've been working from home today, so the hope is that they let me work from home for the remainder of my isolation period. If all goes well, it would end one week from today.

It's just a but surprising and frustrating to have made it this far without getting sick.
Thank goodness you were vaccinated and the effects have been minor. In a way, that's a bit of a comfort to hear of people's post-vax experiences being tolerable because, sooner or later, we're all gonna get it. But if it's less than a cold, well, I can live with that, definitely.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 4:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:

Thank goodness you were vaccinated and the effects have been minor. In a way, that's a bit of a comfort to hear of people's post-vax experiences being tolerable because, sooner or later, we're all gonna get it. But if it's less than a cold, well, I can live with that, definitely.
I wasn't surprised when it came back positive. I'd had some congestion and a little fatigue since last Friday, so when he tested positive, I just had a hunch.

I think my daughter had it earlier in November. She missed 4 days of school and did have a fever. I had her tested and it was negative, but thinking now I should have had her tested again.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 4:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:

I wasn't surprised when it came back positive. I'd had some congestion and a little fatigue since last Friday, so when he tested positive, I just had a hunch.

I think my daughter had it earlier in November. She missed 4 days of school and did have a fever. I had her tested and it was negative, but thinking now I should have had her tested again.
Stock up on the dewormer, tho, just to be sure.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sorry to hear you and your son got it, but glad to hear you're on the mend.

I was feeling a bit crap this weekend so I took a test - didn't have it, so probably just picked up some little germ. It's kind of weird to feel like you have to/should test yourself anytime you feel a bit under the weather. Wonder if that's a "new normal" thing or what.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!