Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 10:22am
Who is the first person to get COVID twice in his extended family? THIS GUY!! Hooray for me!!

Seriously, ugh!!

I noticed some congestion in my throat yesterday, but nothing major. My sister then tested positive (her first time) and we had both been at the same wedding on Friday, so I took a test.

I don't feel bad at all. Just congested. I'm hoping because I'm fully vaxxed, boostered, and a two timer that this case is mild.

I am feeling down mentally, however. We decided it was best that my ex keeps the kids today and Thursday as we're headed into her weekend, so I'm missing them. It's the right move, but I had a fun day trip planned for today.

On a positive note, I can work remotely, so don't have to use any sick days.
Ugh. Feel better, WWK!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
Who is the first person to get COVID twice in his extended family? THIS GUY!! Hooray for me!!

Seriously, ugh!!

I noticed some congestion in my throat yesterday, but nothing major. My sister then tested positive (her first time) and we had both been at the same wedding on Friday, so I took a test.

I don't feel bad at all. Just congested. I'm hoping because I'm fully vaxxed, boostered, and a two timer that this case is mild.

I am feeling down mentally, however. We decided it was best that my ex keeps the kids today and Thursday as we're headed into her weekend, so I'm missing them. It's the right move, but I had a fun day trip planned for today.

That sucks my sister and her daughter just got it too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:

Seriously, ugh!!

Sorry to read all this. Hopefully the repeated exposures mixed with vaccinations ends up being a blessing long-term and you're more resistant to future variations.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hang in there WWK, sounds like you've the situation well in hand but quite annoying.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:

Seriously, ugh!!

Ugh, sorry to hear about that WWK, hope you get to feeling better soon.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Feel better WWK!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Get well soon WWK!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Get better soon WWK.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Get well soon.

Not good timing to relate this story, but my elderly Uncle in Australia had a nasty fall, finished up having to have surgery for a bleed on the brain. The surgery was a success and he was recuperating plus talking to my Aunty about plans for things to do when he got out of hospital. He was isolated in the hospital, my Aunty had to talk to him through glass. I guess you know what is coming; he caught Covid and after appearing to be getting better sadly passed away. Particularly cruel after successfully surviving brain surgery in his mid eighties.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

laxman wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 6:35am
Get well soon.

Not good timing to relate this story, but my elderly Uncle in Australia had a nasty fall, finished up having to have surgery for a bleed on the brain. The surgery was a success and he was recuperating plus talking to my Aunty about plans for things to do when he got out of hospital. He was isolated in the hospital, my Aunty had to talk to him through glass. I guess you know what is coming; he caught Covid and after appearing to be getting better sadly passed away. Particularly cruel after successfully surviving brain surgery in his mid eighties.
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your uncle laxman, very sad outcome.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
Get well soon.

So sorry to see this. The vulnerabilities to those kinds of complications just escalate rapidly at that age.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

laxman wrote:
Get well soon.

Oh, that's awful. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

laxman wrote:
Get well soon.

Oh gosh, my condolences Laxman. Incredibly sad.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

He caught it in the hospital? That's awful. So sorry.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

tepista wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 10:16am
He caught it in the hospital? That's awful. So sorry.
Thanks all, much appreciated. Yes he caught it in hospital, so my thinking is that there were two possibilities. As he was in isolation it could only have been from a doctor or nurse or, more likely, the isolation was only of limited use because the air still needs to circulate.

I did find out from watching the webcast of his funeral that when he was in the army one of his jobs was acting as a guard at Spandau. I assume that he was protecting us from Rudolph Hess rather than Tony Hadley but as he was a massive fan of country and western I am not 100% certain.