Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Flex »

I got my shot at around 11am on Friday, and felt just a little groggy and tired the rest of the day, feeing more "normal" in the evening. Then around 11pm or so (so, about 12 hours later) I had a fever spike and just the worst chills I can remember ever feeling (I was shaking so bad I dropped my toothbrush) and spent the night alternating between shaking chills and sweating through my bedsheets. Also, aches all over my body throughout the night and morning. I was probably delirious enough I didn't really know what I was doing. Anyways, the missus had been seeing her parents and came back Saturday morning and got my fever broken with some Tylenol and so I was just back to feeling mostly tired and foggy brained the rest of the day as I kept my tylenol dosage up.

By Sunday morning I was totally fine.

Addedum: I think if I'd just thought to take Tylenol around hour 11 after the shot I could have controlled a lot of the symptoms, so thats my big recommendation.
Last edited by Flex on 19 Apr 2021, 11:12am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 10:01pm
Heston wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 9:55pm
I've had the Peter Criss line, "I was vaccinated with a Victrola needle" in my head all day. It's like he saw the future.
I take it back. No club.
Ha.

How were you feeling this weekend? I felt hungover on Saturday (I did have two beers on Friday, but I'm not THAT much of a lightweight). It wasn't enough to get me out of four hours of grunt work deck/pool demo with the in laws, but enough to make me feel like crap the whole time. Felt a lot better yesterday and I'm probably 100% today.

*edit* - already posted I see.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:29am
Heston wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 9:39pm
Had my second shot yesterday. I'm thankful that my job got me done earlier than I would have. So much looking forward to some kind of normality some time soon.
Whoo hoo! I hope you didn't have too many side effects.
None at all. I was in the pub next day as I can tell from the KISS thread.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:14am
JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
Had my second shot yesterday. I'm thankful that my job got me done earlier than I would have. So much looking forward to some kind of normality some time soon.
Glad to hear!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:14am
JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
Fuck ofg.

The Boss and will finally be age-eligible tomorrow. I imagine it'll be a bit of a wait to get an appointment, tho. I have a week of grading ahead of me, so I'm not too bothered by a delay, esp. if side effects might keep me from work.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

My wife got her second jab today, what a relief. I got to wait til June probably? But that's fine, let all the oldies get it first.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:34pm
My wife got her second jab today, what a relief. I got to wait til June probably? But that's fine, let all the oldies get it first.
this is something i meant to ask you and jack on the 'cast saturday, but is the UK doing a lot of 1/2 regimens? That is, only administering the first dose out of the 2-dose vaccines? I've read about that but wasn't sure if people were mostly signing up with the expectation that they'll be getting the full 2 doses or not.

Addendum: And great to hear that Ni got jab #2!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
Does she know that you called her an oldie? I'm telling!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Flex wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
this is something i meant to ask you and jack on the 'cast saturday, but is the UK doing a lot of 1/2 regimens? That is, only administering the first dose out of the 2-dose vaccines? I've read about that but wasn't sure if people were mostly signing up with the expectation that they'll be getting the full 2 doses or not.

Addendum: And great to hear that Ni got jab #2!
No, it's all expected that they'll get both, but cos of Ni's vulnerable position, she had the 2nd shot expedited, which was great. She's doing okay so far.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 1:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Does she know that you called her an oldie? I'm telling!
Haha, didn't even catch that. No, keep it to yourself!

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:10am
I got my shot at around 11am on Friday, and felt just a little groggy and tired the rest of the day, feeing more "normal" in the evening. Then around 11pm or so (so, about 12 hours later) I had a fever spike and just the worst chills I can remember ever feeling (I was shaking so bad I dropped my toothbrush) and spent the night alternating between shaking chills and sweating through my bedsheets. Also, aches all over my body throughout the night and morning. I was probably delirious enough I didn't really know what I was doing. Anyways, the missus had been seeing her parents and came back Saturday morning and got my fever broken with some Tylenol and so I was just back to feeling mostly tired and foggy brained the rest of the day as I kept my tylenol dosage up.

Addedum: I think if I'd just thought to take Tylenol around hour 11 after the shot I could have controlled a lot of the symptoms, so thats my big recommendation.
I thought I had heard that it's recommended to not take Tylenol for 24 hours, am I misremembering that?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 3:56pm
Flex wrote:

I thought I had heard that it's recommended to not take Tylenol for 24 hours, am I misremembering that?
I recall something about not taking it BEFORE your vaccination, CCD seems to believe that if you have no underlying medical conditions, then it's OK to take it AFTER your shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vaccinated.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

The 3 of us are all half vaxxed. We should all be done by 5/13. Im a bit worried about the wife's 2nd shot as she's tends to have more exaggerated experiences than most.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 4:05pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

I recall something about not taking it BEFORE your vaccination, CCD seems to believe that if you have no underlying medical conditions, then it's OK to take it AFTER your shot.

I just spoke to Maggie and she informed me that I had it backward—the nurse told her to ONLY take Tylenol after the shot. I knew the word Tylenol was in there somewhere!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 6:17pm
Sparky wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 4:05pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

I just spoke to Maggie and she informed me that I had it backward—the nurse told her to ONLY take Tylenol after the shot. I knew the word Tylenol was in there somewhere!
I'm waiting for you to report that your doctor friend says turnip juice is better than any vaccine.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft