Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 4:36pm
Sorry to hear you and your son got it, but glad to hear you're on the mend.

I was feeling a bit crap this weekend so I took a test - didn't have it, so probably just picked up some little germ. It's kind of weird to feel like you have to/should test yourself anytime you feel a bit under the weather. Wonder if that's a "new normal" thing or what.
It might be. I had a cold late summer and felt pretty darned bad, but it was nothing more than a cold. I would not have taken a test this time if my son had not already been positive.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 3:10pm
My 11 year old son tested positive last night. He had a fever on Friday and then just general tiredness over the weekend. We kept him home on Monday and got him tested. I think he's going to be fine. Fever has been gone since Saturday morning and if you saw him right now you would never guess he has COVID.

...but wait, there's more...

Feeling a little nasal congestion, I took an in home test this morning and guess what, it was positive!? Looks like I have breakthrough COVID. I went and go an "official" test just to be sure, but my hunch is that it will come back positive. I don't feel that bad. Most of the head colds I've had in my life have felt far worse. Heck, seasonal allergies feel worse. I have some congestion in my nose and I maybe feel a little tired. That's pretty much it (knock on wood). No fever, cough, headache, body aches, chills, loss of smell. I'm crediting that fact that I'm vaccinated to what feels like a light touch of the virus.

The biggest bummer (so far) is that we had to cancel our trip to San Francisco. We were supposed to head out on Friday. Thankfully, everything is refundable (thank you, Southwest).

I'm going to wait until I have the official results before I notify my job. I've been working from home today, so the hope is that they let me work from home for the remainder of my isolation period. If all goes well, it would end one week from today.

It's just a but surprising and frustrating to have made it this far without getting sick.
Sorry to hear that you and your son may have COVID. Fortunately you're vaccinated, so your symptoms should be less sever. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for all. Sucks about the SF trip though!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sorry to hear, WWK. Glad you aren't feeling too terrible. Glad you are vaxxed. Will your son have to wait any amount of time to get his vaccine now that he qualifies? Or can he go anytime after the isolation period?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 3:10pm
My 11 year old son tested positive last night. He had a fever on Friday and then just general tiredness over the weekend. We kept him home on Monday and got him tested. I think he's going to be fine. Fever has been gone since Saturday morning and if you saw him right now you would never guess he has COVID.

...but wait, there's more...

Feeling a little nasal congestion, I took an in home test this morning and guess what, it was positive!? Looks like I have breakthrough COVID. I went and go an "official" test just to be sure, but my hunch is that it will come back positive. I don't feel that bad. Most of the head colds I've had in my life have felt far worse. Heck, seasonal allergies feel worse. I have some congestion in my nose and I maybe feel a little tired. That's pretty much it (knock on wood). No fever, cough, headache, body aches, chills, loss of smell. I'm crediting that fact that I'm vaccinated to what feels like a light touch of the virus.

The biggest bummer (so far) is that we had to cancel our trip to San Francisco. We were supposed to head out on Friday. Thankfully, everything is refundable (thank you, Southwest).

I'm going to wait until I have the official results before I notify my job. I've been working from home today, so the hope is that they let me work from home for the remainder of my isolation period. If all goes well, it would end one week from today.

It's just a but surprising and frustrating to have made it this far without getting sick.
Sorry to hear, I hope everyone stays relatively healthy. Probably frustrating that you got it so late in the game and the cancelled SF trip on top. Keep us posted please on your well being if you are so inclined.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Hope you and your son are well soon WWK

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ruce-boros

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm

I like that god and I have a similar sense of humour.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 4:08pm
Sparky wrote:

I always thought you two were one in the same. Ive certainly never seen you two together.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 8:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I always thought you two were one in the same. Ive certainly never seen you two together.
Would god allow himself to go bald? No, no, that makes no sense.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 8:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Th wig is all part of the ruse

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 8:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 8:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Th wig is all part of the ruse
Oh, foolish mortal … I mean, human, fellow human!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I think I've turned a corner these past couple of days as I'm feeling a lot better. Just a little lingering congestion and fatigue by the afternoon. My son also appears to be almost back to normal. My partner just tested positive, so we're hoping her case is also relatively mild. I'm anxious to leave the house. I can do that starting Saturday.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 10:45am
I think I've turned a corner these past couple of days as I'm feeling a lot better. Just a little lingering congestion and fatigue by the afternoon. My son also appears to be almost back to normal. My partner just tested positive, so we're hoping her case is also relatively mild. I'm anxious to leave the house. I can do that starting Saturday.
Damn WWK that's been kind of a lengthy one hasn't it?

I get my number 3 on Friday.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

WestwayKid wrote:
All the best to all three of you. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
Good news, thanks for the update, hope everyone in your family gets well soon.

Wife & I got our boosters about 2 weeks ago, but we're still very concerned because we have older family members we see weekly.