Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 2:41pm
Thanks guys. I seem to have timed this well if any time is a good time.
Glad you're feeling ok. My kid has a low grade fever and a headache so far on her second round.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:08pm
Heston wrote:
Glad you're feeling ok. My kid has a low grade fever and a headache so far on her second round.
Did she have a reaction to her vaccinations? I'm curious whether there's any kind of connection between rough response to vaccination and when you get dinged.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:42pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Did she have a reaction to her vaccinations? I'm curious whether there's any kind of connection between rough response to vaccination and when you get dinged.
Her first moderna was similar to what she is experiencing now. Also her employer still wants her at work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:42pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Her first moderna was similar to what she is experiencing now. Also her employer still wants her at work.
I do sympathize with hospitals because their options are so limited. Whatever policy they decide on, it's gonna stink.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

One of my work colleagues - who is OCD and has been quite careful and conservative this entire pandemic - got it along with his entire nuclear family and his parents. Almost certainly got it from one of his kids who were in school, but its so ubiquitous there's no way to know for sure I guess. His mother (who I adore, she designed my wife's engagement ring and our wedding bands) is older and even though triple vacc'd has massive health problems related to pneumonia so remains pretty high risk. By grace of whatever higher power there is, her case was the mildest of the bunch (whole family triple vaccinated, fwiw)

Anyways, a good case study both for the power of the vaccines even when you get the new variant and also in why to keep people out of schools for a couple more weeks, imho.

Addendum: And, obviously, get well soon Hes and all others and their family!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex's post above, and his earlier report on Mrs. Flex, about the virtues of vaccination for making catching the virus generally mild reminds me of the difficulty of dealing with a virus from a policy standpoint. When it all began, I read a piece from a policy wonk who said that the proper response is to what seems like overreacting, to take strict and sweeping measures right away. But the problem is that if it works, and the effects are contained, it looks like the overreaction was unjustified. So anti-vaxxers can look at how most people's experience with omicron has been mild, especially when vaccinated, as proof that the whole thing has been nonsense all along. They look at the result and decide the actions were unnecessary. It's a curious evaluation of a success result.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

"Owning the libs" on death at at time.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-inf ... rax-rumors
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 1:00pm

Maybe it was the Anthrax pumping thru the speakers. :shifty:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 1:30pm
Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 1:00pm

Maybe it was the Anthrax pumping thru the speakers. :shifty:
Yeah, cuz this COVID think is all a hoax!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

To borrow from Trump, I like rebels who don't die from fake colds.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Glad you've got it mild John, hope it stays that way mate, take care.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Say goodbye to another "genius".

QAnon Star Who Said Only ‘Idiots’ Get Vax Dies of COVID

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-sta ... d?ref=home

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Well, I guess it was inevitable- VH, Jr. and I both tested positive this morning. I think he got it from a teacher and he passed it to me. Scott doesn't have any symptoms, so he didn't do the at home test. He's going to schedule a PCR (as are the two of us). Ari just got his booster on Friday and has a mild cough. I woke up this morning with a fever and chills and have a mild cough/sore throat. I'm a little nervous because I had my booster way back in August, but I still think I should be OK.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:09am
Well, I guess it was inevitable- VH, Jr. and I both tested positive this morning. I think he got it from a teacher and he passed it to me. Scott doesn't have any symptoms, so he didn't do the at home test. He's going to schedule a PCR (as are the two of us). Ari just got his booster on Friday and has a mild cough. I woke up this morning with a fever and chills and have a mild cough/sore throat. I'm a little nervous because I had my booster way back in August, but I still think I should be OK.
Ugh. The inevitable part is increasingly right. Indulge yourself in whatever way makes you comfortable and keep us apprised.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:22am
JennyB wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:09am
Ugh. The inevitable part is increasingly right. Indulge yourself in whatever way makes you comfortable and keep us apprised.
Lots of shitty tv!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy