Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 8:48am
I think you have to be 55+ here to be eligible for shingles.
Not kidding, they checked my ID at the liquor store a couple days ago. Not because they thought I was underaged, but because they have a 10% discount for customers over 55. I was declined. :disshame: :lol:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 9:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 8:48am
I think you have to be 55+ here to be eligible for shingles.
Not kidding, they checked my ID at the liquor store a couple days ago. Not because they thought I was underaged, but because they have a 10% discount for customers over 55. I was declined. :disshame: :lol:
I've had that a couple times at the local pharmacy when I've bought vitamins. For the multi-vitamin, I buy the 50+ stuff—I mean, I fit the demo so I may as well get it—which has led the cashier to ask whether I qualify for the 55+ discount. I said no, but I did get the discount anyway once.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Under-discussed side effect of COVID: it weakened the missus' immune system enough that she ended up getting shingles as a consequence. X(
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Flex wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:42pm
Under-discussed side effect of COVID: it weakened the missus' immune system enough that she ended up getting shingles as a consequence. X(
Ugh. That sucks. My Mom reminded me less than a week ago to go and get my shingles vaccine (which I still haven't done yet). I haven't caught covid yet, but the shingles vax sounds like a good idea anyway. Hope the missus gets through it without too much discomfort.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
Oh man, that sucks. Hope she recovers quickly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Oof. She's pretty young for that, too. Hopefully youth will aid recovery.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 7:37pm
Flex wrote:
Yeah, the doctors said there's been a big spike in shingles among younger age groups. They attribute it at least partly to COVID, but the spike started before the pandemic so the totality of it is a bit of a mystery, it seems.

Addendum: but they also assured us that our insurance wouldn't have covered the shingles vaccine so we didn't miss doing something we should have done. Yay american health care!

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Yeah, the doctors said there's been a big spike in shingles among younger age groups. They attribute it at least partly to COVID, but the spike started before the pandemic so the totality of it is a bit of a mystery, it seems.

Addendum: but they also assured us that our insurance wouldn't have covered the shingles vaccine so we didn't miss doing something we should have done. Yay american health care!
Not just American. We ain't covered until we're 55. Or something like that. All I ever see is that we have to wait until 55.

Anyway, I hope she milks the experience and makes you her dog.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 7:56pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Not just American. We ain't covered until we're 55. Or something like that. All I ever see is that we have to wait until 55.

Anyway, I hope she milks the experience and makes you her dog.
Knowing that Canada is as bad as the United States is, itself, like a soothing balm for any pain.

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
Wow, sorry to hear about that, I hope she's over it quickly with little discomfort.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sorry Flex. My best wishes to Ms. Wendy. Ive been thru it myslef, not fun easily one of the worst experiences of my life.

Im getting 2nd shingles shot on Saturday.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

All the very best to your good lady, Flex. Speedy recovery.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Best wishes to Mrs Flex. How’s it affecting her? Being sick and taking care of kids is rough stuff.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 1:19am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Best wishes to Mrs Flex. How’s it affecting her? Being sick and taking care of kids is rough stuff.
Especially when you have drunken, lazy good for nothing husband.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 7:46am
matedog wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 1:19am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Especially when you have drunken, lazy good for nothing husband.
I picture an unshaven Flex, serious bedhead, wandering around in a bathrobe, can of warm Michelob in the pocket, muttering, "Where's my giant scissors? I gotta open a Baskin Robbins today, I need my giant scissors!"