Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

I finally started feeling better yesterday and am well on the way to being back to normal (first noticed symptoms late Saturday, felt real bad Sunday afternoon, tested positive Monday, started feeling better on Thursday). I would say this is the worst flu/cold I've had, but it's also the first time I've had to deal with sick kids at the same time I got hit hard, so that probably exacerbates things.

4.5 year old finally tested positive on Wednesday. She seems a little better today, but still a bit out of it. Hoping we're all mostly through it by Sunday afternoon. Really hoping the baby (patient zero) goes back to daycare on Monday.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 May 2022, 5:21pm
I finally started feeling better yesterday and am well on the way to being back to normal (first noticed symptoms late Saturday, felt real bad Sunday afternoon, tested positive Monday, started feeling better on Thursday). I would say this is the worst flu/cold I've had, but it's also the first time I've had to deal with sick kids at the same time I got hit hard, so that probably exacerbates things.

4.5 year old finally tested positive on Wednesday. She seems a little better today, but still a bit out of it. Hoping we're all mostly through it by Sunday afternoon. Really hoping the baby (patient zero) goes back to daycare on Monday.
Glad you're thru the woods and that the kids are close behind.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

All the best to you and the family Andrew.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Great update, Andrew. Glad to hear.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
13 May 2022, 5:21pm

Good news, hope everyone continues to get better ASAP.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog

Post by matedog »

Thanks for the well wishes everyone and more importantly, thank you for the fun distractions.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

matedog wrote:
13 May 2022, 9:53pm
Thanks for the well wishes everyone and more importantly, thank you for the fun distractions.
Wait, what... fun distractions?! On this board? I'm only here for the teeth-clenching exasperation and 'what if...' pointless hypothetical rumination!
Glad you're all over the worst. And I'm sure any bout of covid like you've suffered gives you some level of immunity for other bugs and viruses.
Signed,
John S. - MD
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
14 May 2022, 5:06am
matedog wrote:
Wait, what... fun distractions?! On this board? I'm only here for the teeth-clenching exasperation and 'what if...' pointless hypothetical rumination!
Glad you're all over the worst. And I'm sure any bout of covid like you've suffered gives you some level of immunity for other bugs and viruses.
Signed,
John S. - MD
Oi! There's only one MD that matters around here. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 May 2022, 5:27am
JohnS wrote:
matedog wrote:
Signed,
John S. - MD
You are, indeed, The Only MD That Matters 👍
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
14 May 2022, 5:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
matedog wrote:
Signed,
John S. - MD
:approve: *widens door way to get head through.*

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JohnS wrote:
14 May 2022, 5:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
matedog wrote:
Signed,
John S. - MD
"Thanks fer nuthin'!"
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Glad to hear you are on the mend and that the kids are OK, Hoy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2022, 12:26pm
Thanks. Grateful seemingly no complications for the family. Baby sister should go back to daycare tomorrow, June to preschool on Wednesday.

Immunocompromised friend with chronic heart, lung, and kidney disease has been sick for a month now, in and out of the hospital. She's actually starting to test negative eventhough she's still got very bad symptoms. She made sure to message out the public health is not a personal choice, nor should it be politicized.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:23pm
JennyB wrote:
16 May 2022, 12:26pm
Thanks. Grateful seemingly no complications for the family. Baby sister should go back to daycare tomorrow, June to preschool on Wednesday.

Immunocompromised friend with chronic heart, lung, and kidney disease has been sick for a month now, in and out of the hospital. She's actually starting to test negative eventhough she's still got very bad symptoms. She made sure to message out the public health is not a personal choice, nor should it be politicized.
That's what gets me with the anti-vaxxers and maskers. They are putting people like your friend in unnecessary danger.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Who is the first person to get COVID twice in his extended family? THIS GUY!! Hooray for me!!

Seriously, ugh!!

I noticed some congestion in my throat yesterday, but nothing major. My sister then tested positive (her first time) and we had both been at the same wedding on Friday, so I took a test.

I don't feel bad at all. Just congested. I'm hoping because I'm fully vaxxed, boostered, and a two timer that this case is mild.

I am feeling down mentally, however. We decided it was best that my ex keeps the kids today and Thursday as we're headed into her weekend, so I'm missing them. It's the right move, but I had a fun day trip planned for today.

On a positive note, I can work remotely, so don't have to use any sick days.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble