Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by tepista »

So back in the early days of pandemic the unempolyment office shorted me, by like 5 weeks worth, so I complained via email every week for months, and they finally made it right. This was like amonth ago. So now I get a letter in the mail that said "be available for a phone interview" and I'm like, FUCK, they're gonna audit me! But instead they said they shorted me and they're sending me more money! I feel like the Sanford & Son episode when Grady got 2 social security checks, then the goverment tracked him down, but only to give him a 3rd one! Or when when the Bundy's used a credit card that was issued to the dog!

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 7:06pm
So back in the early days of pandemic the unempolyment office shorted me, by like 5 weeks worth, so I complained via email every week for months, and they finally made it right. This was like amonth ago. So now I get a letter in the mail that said "be available for a phone interview" and I'm like, FUCK, they're gonna audit me! But instead they said they shorted me and they're sending me more money! I feel like the Sanford & Son episode when Grady got 2 social security checks, then the goverment tracked him down, but only to give him a 3rd one! Or when when the Bundy's used a credit card that was issued to the dog!

You gotta get down to the dog track and let it ride on Mummy Tummy to win.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:

There was a Frasier episode with a similar theme. The over-corrected error, not the dog thing.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:

I used to have a thing for Katey Segal then I heard she fucked Gene Simmons. :huh:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 8:52pm
I used to have a thing for Katey Segal then I heard she fucked Gene Simmons. :huh:
On it's original run I didn't think Peggy was hot at all, especially since I;m the same age as Kelly, but now I realize I was wrong.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 9:26pm
revbob wrote:
On it's original run I didn't think Peggy was hot at all, especially since I;m the same age as Kelly, but now I realize I was wrong.
So wrong.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 2:20pm
tepista wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 9:26pm
revbob wrote:
So wrong.
Yeah I def didn’t realize how hot she was until maybe ten years ago. And I have a thing for MILFs.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:

I must have missed this. I am very happy for you. Keep yanking on that utter.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Are you all going to get vaccinated?

I'm going to wait a bit until there's more data especially for people in my age group.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 11:50am

I'm going to wait a bit until there's more data especially for people in my age group.
As soon as I'm eligible, yup.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:06pm
Mimi wrote:

By the time it's ready for the rest of us, I should have enough data, so more than likely, I'll be gettin' poked. in the arm. The side effects, from what I heard, are about the same as how my body reacts to a Tetanus shot. Which is not good. :scared:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

By the time it's ready for the rest of us, I should have enough data, so more than likely, I'll be gettin' poked. in the arm. The side effects, from what I heard, are about the same as how my body reacts to a Tetanus shot. Which is not good. :scared:
Had one tetanus shot that I can recall and don't think I had any kind of reaction. But even if I'm knocked around for a day or two, it's worth it to get back to a maskless existence.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:14pm
Mimi wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Had one tetanus shot that I can recall and don't think I had any kind of reaction. But even if I'm knocked around for a day or two, it's worth it to get back to a maskless existence.
I get a fever for a couple of days and of course the sore arm, but you're right. Living like this isn't living.