Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by tepista »

so last week my co-worker tested + so they sent everyone home, and I've been "working from home" which is easy-fuck-a-peasey and I wish I could do it forever. Most of our shit is internet based, so there's only a few things that I can't do, but I could certainly get used to this. I tested negative last Fri, and took another test today and expect result tomorrow. If neg, I can go back to the danger zone on Monday!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 4:25pm
not sure if by nasal or oral swab.
I tested twice with oral swab in Sept, and twice with nasal this week, so I think they're progressing. The Daily Show said they're moving to anal swabs soon, so hurry up vaccine! Anyway, hope the fam stays safe!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

tepista wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 5:05pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 4:25pm
not sure if by nasal or oral swab.
I tested twice with oral swab in Sept, and twice with nasal this week, so I think they're progressing. The Daily Show said they're moving to anal swabs soon, so hurry up vaccine! Anyway, hope the fam stays safe!
Thanks Tep. I've been checking on my parents by phone at least once a day and they don’t seem too worried. I personally haven’t had a reason to seek out a test as I’ve been working from home and just making brief stops at the grocery store, but maybe I’ll try to make an appointment at the pharmacy out of curiosity. Seems unnecessary at the moment though.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I hope your cousin is all right.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:03pm
I hope your cousin is all right.
Thanks Mimi. It’s been over a week and symptom free so that’s good I guess. He’s in his 20s and in good health generally. Considering the second test was negative, hopefully it was just a false positive on the first one.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:15pm
Thanks Mimi. It’s been over a week and symptom free so that’s good I guess. He’s in his 20s and in good health generally. Considering the second test was negative, hopefully it was just a false positive on the first one.
Great to hear, hope everything stays non-eventful!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Flex wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:41pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:15pm
Great to hear, hope everything stays non-eventful!
Thanks bud. That’s what I’m hoping too. I know plenty of people have had more worrying brushes with this thing. Hope everyone stays safe and my thoughts are with those who are dealing with more troublesome/confirmed cases.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

How's the fam James?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 8:05pm
How's the fam James?
On my Mum's side, my brothers are all healed and tending to her, we're communicating semi-daily on the phone, I'm lending as much support and organisation as I can from another city. She's very sick, very weak, but, to use her words she feels "less deathly" which is my kind of positive news. The ambulance came back out a couple days ago, did their tests, and decided there was no need to go to hospital. Which relieved her, she was pretty certain that the chain of events would go home>hospital>the grave. She's a long way from better and despite being a comparatively young woman (50 this year) she has had a hard life and really failed to look after herself at the expense of everyone else. Like I've said, her constant smoking and COPD have left her with about 50% lung capacity at her best. The last few years, rum's been the go-to relaxant, too, so I reckon she's given her body a bit of a quiet battering with that. So, not out of the woods yet, but I think we've got the end of the trees in sight.

Did I mention on here that my Dad's wife and kid has it? I've had a blurry week so far with stresses about the car being fucked, my wife's first appointment with the MS doctor, and three 12 hour days of work on the trot, so I'm not certain what I've said to who. Dad's lot seem to be in an okay position. The boy's about fifteen, sixteen, hale and hearty and showing little effect. My stepmother is very tired and achy, but doesn't have any real underlying issues, so I'm hoping it's less intense for her, but we'restill at early days on that side. My Dad himself, he works as a handyman in a carehome so he's fully vaccinated, so no worries there.

In this house, I'm not seeing my second partner at all cos they've got terrible asthma, which is a small struggle. We're video dating, watching Peaky Blinders and having a laugh but a fully non-real world relationship is a struggle. I'm working totally from home, so I've cut the risk almost entirely out for me and the wife. We pretty much see the guys who deliver the supermarket shopping and new LPs when there's some spare cash about.

Hah - bit of an essay. Apparently I wanted that off my chest - thanks for asking ;)
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Stay strong. You'll last. Your family will appreciate it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 8:31pm
revbob wrote:
How's the fam James?
On my Mum's side, my brothers are all healed and tending to her, we're communicating semi-daily on the phone, I'm lending as much support and organisation as I can from another city. She's very sick, very weak, but, to use her words she feels "less deathly" which is my kind of positive news. The ambulance came back out a couple days ago, did their tests, and decided there was no need to go to hospital. Which relieved her, she was pretty certain that the chain of events would go home>hospital>the grave. She's a long way from better and despite being a comparatively young woman (50 this year) she has had a hard life and really failed to look after herself at the expense of everyone else. Like I've said, her constant smoking and COPD have left her with about 50% lung capacity at her best. The last few years, rum's been the go-to relaxant, too, so I reckon she's given her body a bit of a quiet battering with that. So, not out of the woods yet, but I think we've got the end of the trees in sight.

Did I mention on here that my Dad's wife and kid has it? I've had a blurry week so far with stresses about the car being fucked, my wife's first appointment with the MS doctor, and three 12 hour days of work on the trot, so I'm not certain what I've said to who. Dad's lot seem to be in an okay position. The boy's about fifteen, sixteen, hale and hearty and showing little effect. My stepmother is very tired and achy, but doesn't have any real underlying issues, so I'm hoping it's less intense for her, but we'restill at early days on that side. My Dad himself, he works as a handyman in a carehome so he's fully vaccinated, so no worries there.

In this house, I'm not seeing my second partner at all cos they've got terrible asthma, which is a small struggle. We're video dating, watching Peaky Blinders and having a laugh but a fully non-real world relationship is a struggle. I'm working totally from home, so I've cut the risk almost entirely out for me and the wife. We pretty much see the guys who deliver the supermarket shopping and new LPs when there's some spare cash about.

Hah - bit of an essay. Apparently I wanted that off my chest - thanks for asking ;)
Damn James, wow. Good to hear your mom didn't need to go to the hospital. But by all means this is a place to vent, get stuff off your chest all that. One big dysfunctional family.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 8:31pm
revbob wrote:
How's the fam James?

Hard times we're going through mate, keep on keepin' on. Glad you feel you can unburden a bit here.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ay-yi-yi, James, that's a helluva report card from those near and dear. You're in my thoughts, sonny, and hope that the universe is just to those closest to you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sounds like things are slowly moving in the right direction for your mom SM. Good to hear and hopefully things stay on a positive course for your family. Hoping Marky’s son is out of the woods too. Because of my cousin’s age and otherwise good health, I wasn’t terribly worried about him, but the possibility of my older parents being exposed was a different story. Luckily they seem unaffected.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Thanks friends. I'm tough as hell, supporting the loved ones. Good to talk.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/