Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Olaf »

Sorry to hear that, Jen. Get well soon, Knopf-Bernsteins!
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Get well quick, Jenny and family!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Just when you thought the anti vaxers couldn't come up anything more ridiculous, along comes this guy:

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/urine-c ... laims.html
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:09am
Well, I guess it was inevitable- VH, Jr. and I both tested positive this morning. I think he got it from a teacher and he passed it to me. Scott doesn't have any symptoms, so he didn't do the at home test. He's going to schedule a PCR (as are the two of us). Ari just got his booster on Friday and has a mild cough. I woke up this morning with a fever and chills and have a mild cough/sore throat. I'm a little nervous because I had my booster way back in August, but I still think I should be OK.
Hoping for the best Jenny, for you and your family, and anyone else here who is dealing with covid cases.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 6:57pm
Just when you thought the anti vaxers couldn't come up anything more ridiculous, along comes this guy:

Hello,

“The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy,” Key said in the video.

Please share a few ounces (research, not urine).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 7:37pm
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

“The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy,” Key said in the video.

“Now drink urine! I drink my own urine!” Key said in the video.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heh, a reminder that only a few decades ago, the right was okee-fine on masks.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 7:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Well, I guess it was inevitable- VH, Jr. and I both tested positive this morning. I think he got it from a teacher and he passed it to me. Scott doesn't have any symptoms, so he didn't do the at home test. He's going to schedule a PCR (as are the two of us). Ari just got his booster on Friday and has a mild cough. I woke up this morning with a fever and chills and have a mild cough/sore throat. I'm a little nervous because I had my booster way back in August, but I still think I should be OK.
Hoping for the best Jenny, for you and your family, and anyone else here who is dealing with covid cases.
Thank you. So far so good today. Ari is pretty much asymptomatic and I had a low grade fever this morning and a cough. Could be a lot worse!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 8:14pm
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

It's astonishing to see the lengths people will go to to avoid a life saving vaccine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 2:20pm
JennyB wrote:
Oh no, sorry to hear that, wishing you both a speedy recovery.
Thank you :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 12:35pm
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

It's astonishing to see the lengths people will go to to avoid a life saving vaccine.
Back in the 80s, Spin had a regular feature on AIDS, which was great given how much the mainstream media avoided the topic, but really not great because the dominant coverage was on HIV skeptics and alternative treatments. I recall one piece was about urine therapy, not as a particular AIDS treatment, but as a holistic panacea. Drink your first urine every morning and be protected from all disease and aging (I remember one urine therapy advocate saying, "The name of the disease does not matter"). No thanks, I'll stick with my copper bracelet, pardner.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:01pm
JennyB wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 12:35pm
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

Back in the 80s, Spin had a regular feature on AIDS, which was great given how much the mainstream media avoided the topic, but really not great because the dominant coverage was on HIV skeptics and alternative treatments. I recall one piece was about urine therapy, not as a particular AIDS treatment, but as a holistic panacea. Drink your first urine every morning and be protected from all disease and aging (I remember one urine therapy advocate saying, "The name of the disease does not matter"). No thanks, I'll stick with my copper bracelet, pardner.
Pffft copper. Colloidal silver or GTFO!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:07pm
I would bet $100 that Schilling was on the copper scamwagon back in the day. So many pro athletes were hyping that dumb shit, and it has that combination of edgy and stupid that is pure Schilling.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:11pm
revbob wrote:
I would bet $100 that Schilling was on the copper scamwagon back in the day. So many pro athletes were hyping that dumb shit, and it has that combination of edgy and stupid that is pure Schilling.
Remember Phiten?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/popmedicin ... osis/42609

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:11pm
revbob wrote:
Remember Phiten?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/popmedicin ... osis/42609
I didn't know the name, but I remember a bunch of athletes doing that. I would guess these are the same guys who "do their own research" on vaccines.