Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 5:56pm
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 5:48pm
Got some symptoms, reasonably minor so far—it's either a cold or the vaccine is working well enough. I can't decide when to go get tested. If it's too soon, I don't want a false negative and to have to go back.
I did a quick google but didn't find any recommended time frame. 3-5 days after you think you've been exposed, but nothing about when you might have symptoms.
I was reading stuff that said that tests aren't very reliable even within the first week or so of having symptoms. I kinda feel like I should just stay home and wait for it to pass and not worry about whether I actually have it unless it gets worse.

Also wasn't too jazzed to find out I got the weaker of the two main vaccines.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 6:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Got some symptoms, reasonably minor so far—it's either a cold or the vaccine is working well enough. I can't decide when to go get tested. If it's too soon, I don't want a false negative and to have to go back.
I did a quick google but didn't find any recommended time frame. 3-5 days after you think you've been exposed, but nothing about when you might have symptoms.
I was reading stuff that said that tests aren't very reliable even within the first week or so of having symptoms. I kinda feel like I should just stay home and wait for it to pass and not worry about whether I actually have it unless it gets worse.

Are you back to working in the office? If so, the responsible thing would be to work from home for the next couple days to be safe. Also, is your missus feeling okay? The Boss and I have assumed that neither of us were ever infected because it would seem likely that the other one would also get it. Maybe we were both asymptomatic, but I figured one of us would show it.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
I would do my best to avoid others until you determine what's causing it. With cold and flu season approaching, I'm sure there will be lots of people wondering the same thing.

I had the same dilemma yesterday with a reaction to a shingles shot, wasn't aware of the possible side effects of the shot, so my head started running with the possibility of it being COVID related. After reading the literature I was given with the shot, I quickly realized it was nothing to be concerned about.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 6:16pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Are you back to working in the office? If so, the responsible thing would be to work from home for the next couple days to be safe. Also, is your missus feeling okay? The Boss and I have assumed that neither of us were ever infected because it would seem likely that the other one would also get it. Maybe we were both asymptomatic, but I figured one of us would show it.
No, we're still on full work-from-home status, but I'm currently doing that in Tucson. I got my symptoms two days after I got here. Maggie is feeling fine so far, but if I was first infected on the plane, it would be some time before she feels anything.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

No, we're still on full work-from-home status, but I'm currently doing that in Tucson. I got my symptoms two days after I got here. Maggie is feeling fine so far, but if I was first infected on the plane, it would be some time before she feels anything.
Maybe it's a reaction to the environment? Going from the damp NW to the arid SW?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 6:39pm
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Maybe it's a reaction to the environment? Going from the damp NW to the arid SW?
Yeah, it could just be Vegas Throat, I'm not sure how long that's supposed to last though. It makes it hard to decide if I can go out—I don't want to quarantine just because I have a dry throat from the atmosphere. Maybe I'll get tested tomorrow after all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eric-cla ... dc5282e22a

But what if the vaccine caused non-whites to leave England?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 12:06pm

Al Jolson's biggest fan up to his old tricks. What a piece of crap he is. King shit of turd mountain.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 12:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Al Jolson's biggest fan up to his old tricks. What a piece of crap he is. King shit of turd mountain.
The mulit- millionaire donated a whopping $1300 too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 3:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But he treated everyone backstage really swell.

(I'm doing my Rock Against Racism lecture next week and, as always, looking forward to explaining to the kids that Slow Hand is a racist piece of shit.)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well he is a multi whopping turd.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ccelebrities should be seen and not heard, in this case, I'll settle for not seeing him anymore either.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 4:20pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But he treated everyone backstage really swell.

(I'm doing my Rock Against Racism lecture next week and, as always, looking forward to explaining to the kids that Slow Hand is a racist piece of shit.)
Hell yeah Devil Horns!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 5:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ccelebrities should be seen and not heard, in this case, I'll settle for not seeing him anymore either.
Twitter has been especially useful for confirming that when celebrities are given a forum, unfiltered by agents and other reps, they will reveal themselves to be morons and bigots. It might be Twitter's sole virtue.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Joy Reid versus Eric Clapton

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msn ... 58800.html