Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
Is that an unauthorized Gene Simmons tell all book I see?
No, but I do have all the KISS memoirs in ebook form. Not that I've read them or plan to unless I write a KISS lecture at some point.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6279
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

Where did you get those Doc?

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6279
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

I feel so sorry for the state of Georgia. Their governor is a fucking idiot.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 11:57am
Where did you get those Doc?
The KISS books or the mask? :shifty:

(The mask is from Swans' official store, playing off the cover of their album Filth.)
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6279
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:36pm
Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 11:57am
Where did you get those Doc?
The KISS books or the mask? :shifty:

(The mask is from Swans' official store, playing off the cover of their album Filth.)
mask, sorry.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:36pm
Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 11:57am
Where did you get those Doc?
The KISS books or the mask? :shifty:

(The mask is from Swans' official store, playing off the cover of their album Filth.)
mask, sorry.
The KISS books were part of his KISS Army induction package.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29236
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
You look so much sunnier than usual.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5249
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:56am
revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
Is that an unauthorized Gene Simmons tell all book I see?
No, but I do have all the KISS memoirs in ebook form. Not that I've read them or plan to unless I write a KISS lecture at some point.
I'd love to see you perform it at Wacken at some point.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
You look so much sunnier than usual.
I can smile the goofiest smile under there and nobody would know. It's perfect!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 3:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:56am
revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
Is that an unauthorized Gene Simmons tell all book I see?
No, but I do have all the KISS memoirs in ebook form. Not that I've read them or plan to unless I write a KISS lecture at some point.
I'd love to see you perform it at Wacken at some point.
I have been looking for an opportunity to bore more people in one sitting. Slightly more seriously, my goal is to always write a a couple new lectures for my rock class every year, and I've thought KISS would be ideal for talking about spectacle and commerce and marketing. I mean, KISS is a marketing venture masquerading as a band.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6279
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:07pm
How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:07pm
How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.
I had that, too. The Boss informed me that tucking the top part of the mask underneath your glasses will minimize the problem some.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10401
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:59pm
Mimi wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:07pm
How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.
I had that, too. The Boss informed me that tucking the top part of the mask underneath your glasses will minimize the problem some.
I got a few of these and I find them easy to breath with and take on and off my face.
https://www.mission.com/collections/coo ... iter-masks

Image
Image

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6279
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:59pm
Mimi wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:07pm
How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.
I had that, too. The Boss informed me that tucking the top part of the mask underneath your glasses will minimize the problem some.
I'll have ro try that.

Post Reply