Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 12:25pm
I just found out that my nephew, his wife, and their daughter tested positive a few months ago. Their young son did not. Nephew lost his taste and smell and still hasn't gotten it back. That was the extent of their symptoms. No one was sick. This virus is weird.
That's the thing. I haven't had reason to be tested, but maybe I did get it at some point and showed no symptoms or so mild as to not suspect. And then I passed it on to someone. I've assumed that because colds really knock me for a loop that if I got it, it'd smack me around, but who knows?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 12:31pm
Mimi wrote:
I just found out that my nephew, his wife, and their daughter tested positive a few months ago. Their young son did not. Nephew lost his taste and smell and still hasn't gotten it back. That was the extent of their symptoms. No one was sick. This virus is weird.
That's the thing. I haven't had reason to be tested, but maybe I did get it at some point and showed no symptoms or so mild as to not suspect. And then I passed it on to someone. I've assumed that because colds really knock me for a loop that if I got it, it'd smack me around, but who knows?
Same. As I've gotten older colds just put me down for a week. That's why I'm being super cautious nowadays.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

My son tested positive during the Summer. He's a soccer referee so he took work in a distribution center. Coming back from lunch, he walked past a few guys smoking but couldn't smell the smoke - turned around and called that in. For about a week, he couldn't taste or smell. He actually liked it as he could run his sprint workouts in the mornings (120 yard sprints for ~90 minutes - it's a killer!) and got his fitness level up. He was awaiting his test results (hoping for a positive result as he'd get paid for days missed if the result was positive - a negative result meant no pay) for ~5 days. One morning, he farted in bed and was overjoyed as he could smell it. He's been fine since (has his first pro game in the middle on 9/25). This virus is really odd.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

gkbill wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 12:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

My son tested positive during the Summer. He's a soccer referee so he took work in a distribution center. Coming back from lunch, he walked past a few guys smoking but couldn't smell the smoke - turned around and called that in. For about a week, he couldn't taste or smell. He actually liked it as he could run his sprint workouts in the mornings (120 yard sprints for ~90 minutes - it's a killer!) and got his fitness level up. He was awaiting his test results (hoping for a positive result as he'd get paid for days missed if the result was positive - a negative result meant no pay) for ~5 days. One morning, he farted in bed and was overjoyed as he could smell it. He's been fine since (has his first pro game in the middle on 9/25). This virus is really odd.
:lol: :lol:
I'd be farting and fanning my arms to smell it all day after that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 12:45pm
gkbill wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 12:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

:lol: :lol:
I'd be farting and fanning my arms to smell it all day after that.
Ditto on the :lol: And, of course, glad that gkbill's son's experience was rather mild.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:43am
Hello,

I really don't want to and should not make a judgement on physical appearances but the guy in the dark blue/black shirt with the red hat (surprise!) is what friends and I in our youth called "a dumb s***" - grinning away not sure what everyone is yelling about but he's in a parade - and really happy to be in a parade!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Van Morrison joins Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher on the list of Musicians I Currently Feel 100% Justified In Never Liking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment- ... I8iSXTDNNk
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Said in my best Don Knotts voice..."Surprise, surprise, suurrpprriissee..."

https://www.cbs58.com/news/chiefs-fan-w ... quarantine
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 8:55am
Van Morrison joins Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher on the list of Musicians I Currently Feel 100% Justified In Never Liking.

Van the Man has long been one of those cases of separating the art from the artist for me...because he's always come across as a major ass. I love his music, but don't care too much for him.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:43am
Twisted Sister is not happy that these clowns were using "We're Not Gonna Take It" :mrgreen:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:20am
Wolter wrote:

Van the Man has long been one of those cases of separating the art from the artist for me...because he's always come across as a major ass. I love his music, but don't care too much for him.
Thankfully, I find his music absolutely boring, overrated crap. Saves me the trouble.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:06am

I read that there were fans who booed Chiefs and Texans(?) players before the game for locking arms in racial solidarity. That was it. The Klan mask fully off.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:25am
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:20am
Wolter wrote:

Thankfully, I find his music absolutely boring, overrated crap. Saves me the trouble.
Who would have thought Liam would come across looking like the smart one amongst those three or, indeed, any three?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:36am
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:06am

I read that there were fans who booed Chiefs and Texans(?) players before the game for locking arms in racial solidarity. That was it. The Klan mask fully off.
Yup, they booed.