Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

Mimi wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:07am
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19470
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by JennyB »

I'm just seeing this - best wishes and hopes for a speedy and complete recovery for Andrew and Marky's son. So sorry you both have to deal with this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16439
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:52am
Mimi wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:07am
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
Absolute best wishes mate.
Once I got to the mountain top, tell you what I could see
Prairie full of lost souls running from the priests of iniquity


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12974
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:52am
Mimi wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:07am
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
I'm reading that those are pretty common. Let us know, bud.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 4:31pm
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:52am
Mimi wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:07am
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
I'm reading that those are pretty common. Let us know, bud.
They are not recommending me get retested. The nurse was pretty pissed off and I'm sure she gets people insisting on false positives all the time. The main thing is if I test positive, I have to restart my quarantine (I'm 4 days into the 10 day quarantine). Not the end of the world, but now we are trying to figure out how to get June back into preschool, assuming it is safe to do so. Preschool basically said "she's got a negative test, bring her in" but we aren't comfortable with that.

Current plan is that the coworker is moving out of the extra bedroom we have today, fortunately, so I will move down there hopefully tonight and separate myself from the wife and kid. Currently I'm masking in the house now, but the extra bedroom is separate from the rest of the house, so this will help. Jeanine and June get retested at the end of the week to confirm they are still negative and then send June back to preschool next Monday.

Sucks a whole bunch that my wife has to bear the brunt of the extra work now since I can't really help watch after June. She basically has to take the whole week off. Also keeping a 3 year old inside for 10 days in a maybe 1000SF house isn't so easy. When we kept her home over 5 months in 2020, the easiest way to kill time was to go on hikes which we can't do now. We'll get through it, but it's going to be fucking hard and Jeanine is going to have it the hardest. I just have to be grateful we are healthy and have nice things like a spare bedroom and employment.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15107
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Sounds rough Andrew but at least you have IMCT to keep you company and you can zoom with the wife and kid and she looks old enough to have some understanding.

My daughter says depending on the test they dont see many false positives and Everyone who gets a positive wants a re-test. So the nurse is probably just tired of hearing people ask to be retested.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48673
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Marky Dread »

Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.

Good luck Matey hope things improve for you very quickly.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 8:45am
Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.
Thanks for the update and hopefully he is turning the corner.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35415
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 8:45am
Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.

Good luck Matey hope things improve for you very quickly.
Hopefully on the mend mate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16439
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 8:45am
Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.

Good luck Matey hope things improve for you very quickly.
Thanks Mark, may the improvement continue til he's better
Once I got to the mountain top, tell you what I could see
Prairie full of lost souls running from the priests of iniquity


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 8:45am
Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.

Good luck Matey hope things improve for you very quickly.
Oof, that's really scary. I hope he continues in the positive direction.

No news or symptoms on my end. After changing plans about ten times yesterday, I'm in isolation at my wife's grandmother's cabin in the woods. I'm heading back on Sunday. Coworker can't move out until the 15th. I was annoyed because he was supposed to move out about five times by now, but I'm being dumb and it's certainly not his fault I likely have COVID. I'm lucky to have this option, I just can't help with my daughter at all. Wife is being a superstar and is pretty much taking the whole week off and I'm sure June will get way more tv than normal and that's totally okay. Wife and daughter will get tested at the end of the week to confirm they are still clear. We will go back to normal either on Monday or Friday of next week depending on a few things.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 8:53pm
Sounds rough Andrew but at least you have IMCT to keep you company and you can zoom with the wife and kid and she looks old enough to have some understanding.

My daughter says depending on the test they dont see many false positives and Everyone who gets a positive wants a re-test. So the nurse is probably just tired of hearing people ask to be retested.
For sure. I'm really really lucky compared to most. For me and the fam, it's basically just a pretty moderate inconvenience and that's not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, when I acknowledged that she probably gets asked about false positives a lot, she did lighten up a bit.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29930
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Flex »

Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Marky, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Last edited by Flex on 05 Jan 2021, 12:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by laxman »

Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:48pm
Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Markus, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Seconded, and I hope everyone else is doing OK. The UK lockdown is a pain but a necessity. If Covid didn't directly get my mum last year then it was at least a contributory factor, so take care everyone.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2373
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by gkbill »

laxman wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:52pm
Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:48pm
Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Markus, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Seconded, and I hope everyone else is doing OK. The UK lockdown is a pain but a necessity. If Covid didn't directly get my mum last year then it was at least a contributory factor, so take care everyone.
Hello,

I'm with these two - I hope progress continues. For better or worse, here in NC there's lockdown. I was pretty isolated - school, grocery store, home (actually you could change isolated to boring).
Last edited by gkbill on 05 Jan 2021, 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply