Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 May 2020, 1:26pm
I was talking to someone I know who got covid in NYC. His employer questioned the diagnosis/test results and has been calling him every day asking when he plans to return. He also works in a health care setting with people who have various disabilities.
Classy. Compare that with Canada, where Trudeau has said that, yeah, there are going to be people scamming the bail-out system, but it'll hurt more people by slowing payments if more rigid safeguards are put in place. It's a not-so-subtle assumption that most people are legit versus most people are lazy good-for-nothings.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18995
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by JennyB »

I am back at work today. My boss is being pretty cool - she is letting me work from home four days a week. The office has all kinds of sanitizing items around and we are seated far apart from each other. Yet...it's still not sitting right with me. She came to my desk earlier and got really close. I actually backed away, and she said "oh, it's fine, I'm wearing a mask." That's great, so am I, but you just told me you went to your hairdresser last night. Which, NOT SAFE. Nobody gives a shit if your roots are gray. Also, there is nothing I can do here that I can't do from home. I think she wants to put on a show for our ReSale Shop staff - if they have to be here, so should we. I get it, but I just wish she was being safer.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6241
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

shaking my head.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29099
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Flex »

YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Team virus would also clean out a lot of elderly evil in Congress and the White House. Maybe let's not fast track that vaccine and let this play out a bit …
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12612
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.
If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12612
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:32am
revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.
If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.
Insane like a ... fox? :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:32am
revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.
If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.
Insane like a ... fox? :shifty:
And now, here's Mark Trail to tell us a bit about the insane brown fox of Indiana.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 4079
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Spiff »

I'll just leave this here ...

NYC, y'all!
NYC, y'all!
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12612
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 9:00am
revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:32am
revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.
If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.
Insane like a ... fox? :shifty:
And now, here's Mark Trail to tell us a bit about the insane brown fox of Indiana.
Yeah my niece just graduated high school and is due to start at university for the fall semester.

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Olaf »

Doom or good news, I'm not sure.
Attachments
signal-2020-05-25-152010.jpg
signal-2020-05-25-152010.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
25 May 2020, 10:44am
Doom or good news, I'm not sure.
Ha! One of the great myths that dies hard is that young people, because they've been raised with advanced computer technology, just understand this stuff intuitively. They know how to take selfies and upload them, and post on various social media platforms. But the number who don't know how to do a search on a library database makes me weep.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88780
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Who could have seen this happening? Nobody, I say, nobody! Thinking good thoughts for you, Westway.
https://madison365.com/two-weeks-after- ... nd-deaths/
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply