The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Sightsee MC

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:51pm
Sparky wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:30pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:12pm
Sparky wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 7:52pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 7:33pm
Got my first Pfizer jab today at the Niagara Falls convention center. It wasn't crowded and could not have gone more smoothly. My appointment was for 12:00 noon. A National Guard guy pointed me to the door. I walked in at 11:48 and a staff guy checked my temperature at the door with a digital thermometer to the temple. He asked me to answer a couple questions about whether or not I had any symptoms, shortness of breath, coughing, etc. Nope. The guy then directed me to a table where a lady at a laptop checked me in with my driver’s license. I wasn't asked to show anything else. She then directed me to a line that had 2 people ahead of me. As soon as I stepped into the line, the 2 people ahead of me were directed to tables for their vaccines. I waited another minute and was called. I sat down and the medical guy asked me a few questions – any history of allergic reaction to vaccines, etc. Nope. He told me to roll up my sleeve and swabbed my shoulder with alcohol. I didn’t feel the needle. It just felt like he pressed his thumb to my shoulder. Time of vaccination was 11:54. I was then directed to a waiting area and sat there for 15 minutes. Walked out at 12:09.

I’ll get the next dose on April 27th. So far after 7 hours I’m not even feeling any soreness in my shoulder. :thumbsup:

Hope everyone still waiting has a chance to get theirs soon.

IGotVaccinated.jpg
Congratulations on getting your 1st dose. I found that rotating my shoulder in a circular motion forward and backward every hour helped with the soreness. The morning after my shot, I was working out again.
Thanks. It was a relief to at least get the first one.
I hear you. We're getting our 2nd does 4/29, takes 2 weeks to fully build up the antibodies, then we're looking forward to visiting indoors with elderly family members again.
Sounds like you got the Moderna one? As I recall that was a bit longer between doses than Pfizer, which is 3 weeks. And yeah, it will be nice to be around friends and family when the antibodies kick in. Well, most of them anyway. :mrgreen:
No, we got the Pfizer on 4/1 and were told the 2nd dose would be 4/29, 28 days later. On the CDC website they say the Pfizer needs to be inside a window of 21 to 42 day days max. We wish our pharmacy had gone with 21 days, we'd love to get this over with.

Kimmelweck
Junco Partner

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 9:00pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:51pm
Sparky wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:30pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:12pm
Sparky wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 7:52pm

Congratulations on getting your 1st dose. I found that rotating my shoulder in a circular motion forward and backward every hour helped with the soreness. The morning after my shot, I was working out again.
Thanks. It was a relief to at least get the first one.
I hear you. We're getting our 2nd does 4/29, takes 2 weeks to fully build up the antibodies, then we're looking forward to visiting indoors with elderly family members again.
Sounds like you got the Moderna one? As I recall that was a bit longer between doses than Pfizer, which is 3 weeks. And yeah, it will be nice to be around friends and family when the antibodies kick in. Well, most of them anyway. :mrgreen:
No, we got the Pfizer on 4/1 and were told the 2nd dose would be 4/29, 28 days later. On the CDC website they say the Pfizer needs to be inside a window of 21 to 42 day days max. We wish our pharmacy had gone with 21 days, we'd love to get this over with.
Ah, ok, wasn’t aware that there was that wide of a window. When I signed up they automatically scheduled the second one at 21 days for me.
Jackrabbits. I love them…big ears and big back feet. Jackrabbits man…they’re happenin’. – Mick Jones