The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 3:12pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 3:10pm
27 hours later and I’ve had no side effects from Pfizer jab #2 aside from slight shoulder soreness.
Great news! Suggestion? Try rotating your arm in large circular motions every half or or so, worked wonders for the wife & I to reduce the soreness after our 1st shot.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been stretching it occasionally and the soreness is very light at this point.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 3:17pm
It seems Pfizer has less effects on shot 2, as compared to Moderna
I was super tired and achy the day after my Pfizer second shot, but some of that might have been psychosomatic in an attempt to get a lazy day.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

My wife & I just received our 2nd Pfizer vaccine this morning. We didn't have any issues with the 1st, hoping it's the same with the 2nd.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 12:52pm
My wife & I just received our 2nd Pfizer vaccine this morning. We didn't have any issues with the 1st, hoping it's the same with the 2nd.
Great!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
Good to hear, and good luck. I had planned a day or two around the expectation that I'd be down for a while, but then...nada. Hope you have the same experience I did.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 1:39pm
Sparky wrote:
Good to hear, and good luck. I had planned a day or two around the expectation that I'd be down for a while, but then...nada. Hope you have the same experience I did.
Thanks to both you & Flex. We too planned on hanging around today, just reading and taking it easy just in case.
Don't want to jinx anything, but this one didn't feel anything like the first one which "burned" a bit when it went in, no pain in my arm yet either.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 2:03pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 1:39pm
Sparky wrote:
Thanks to both you & Flex. We too planned on hanging around today, just reading and taking it easy just in case.
Don't want to jinx anything, but this one didn't feel anything like the first one which "burned" a bit when it went in, no pain in my arm yet either.
Let second night, a full 24 hours later, I felt lethargic and had a case of the hot/cold. It passed, no biggie.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Update - Got our 2nd Pfizer shot 4/29, arm didn't start hurting until the late afternoon. Didn't sleep too well, woke up feeling almost like a mild hangover, slight headache, a little fatigued, achy. Wife felt about the same but had a slight fever and more of a headache. This morning both of us feel great, just took a 4.75 mile walk, good to go.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Finally got an appointment tomorrow. Signing up for pharmacies has been totally useless, but a nearby hospital just opened up for people in my neighbourhood, and we got in right away. What a shitshow this has been.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:12pm
Finally got an appointment tomorrow. Signing up for pharmacies has been totally useless, but a nearby hospital just opened up for people in my neighbourhood, and we got in right away. What a shitshow this has been.
Dead pleased you've finally got o ne on the books.

I reckon the program will get to my cohort in early June in the UK. I'm honestly not that afraid of the rona, I'm a healthy guy, so far, but I am coveting the jab. Get this shit behind us.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I reckon the program will get to my cohort in early June in the UK. I'm honestly not that afraid of the rona, I'm a healthy guy, so far, but I am coveting the jab. Get this shit behind us.
This whole mess has been a bit of a revelation for me. I'm tend to think of myself as anxious and worried about most things, but I've been pretty calm the past fourteen months. Sensible precautions taken so I've done what I can and that's that. I haven't been clamouring to get the needle, but am glad to get it done. The Boss, on the other hand, who is much more even-keeled most of the time, has been more wary and judgemental of others and germ conscious since this began, and gets irritated at my seeming nonchalance. Another friend treats the various lockdown restrictions as a personal attack and doesn't understand my response that she has an amazing income and can work from home and is healthy, whereas there are people who'll never recover financially and others literally dying. This isn't to say I'm so level-headed and all that—my track record of anxiety and pessimism proves otherwise—but that apparently I am capable of mustering up a stoic calm.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 7:46am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This whole mess has been a bit of a revelation for me. I'm tend to think of myself as anxious and worried about most things, but I've been pretty calm the past fourteen months. Sensible precautions taken so I've done what I can and that's that. I haven't been clamouring to get the needle, but am glad to get it done. The Boss, on the other hand, who is much more even-keeled most of the time, has been more wary and judgemental of others and germ conscious since this began, and gets irritated at my seeming nonchalance. Another friend treats the various lockdown restrictions as a personal attack and doesn't understand my response that she has an amazing income and can work from home and is healthy, whereas there are people who'll never recover financially and others literally dying. This isn't to say I'm so level-headed and all that—my track record of anxiety and pessimism proves otherwise—but that apparently I am capable of mustering up a stoic calm.
I've heard of a not-insignificant number of people who suffer anxiety finding their mental health much improved during lockdowns. We're a varied species.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 May 2021, 9:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've heard of a not-insignificant number of people who suffer anxiety finding their mental health much improved during lockdowns. We're a varied species.
We definitely are a varied species. I suffer from anxiety and I've found the various lockdowns have at times made me more anxious. I tend to find comfort and balance when I'm with other people, and not just always people I know. I actually find it calming to run to the store. My partner on the other hand is someone who has very much enjoyed being at home. She's a teacher and only recently had to go back into the classroom (she taught from home for a year). There would be weeks where she wouldn't leave the house at all, but I can barely sit still for a day.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

As much as anything, it adds to my belief that we’re way too confident in predicting future behaviours. As you say, we’re too varied, or rather contain too many variables that may or may not be activated in strange situations.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

WestwayKid wrote:
06 May 2021, 9:46am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

We definitely are a varied species. I suffer from anxiety and I've found the various lockdowns have at times made me more anxious. I tend to find comfort and balance when I'm with other people, and not just always people I know. I actually find it calming to run to the store. My partner on the other hand is someone who has very much enjoyed being at home. She's a teacher and only recently had to go back into the classroom (she taught from home for a year). There would be weeks where she wouldn't leave the house at all, but I can barely sit still for a day.
How are you doing at the moment, mate?

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/