The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by oliver »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2021, 1:19pm
Its the moderna. So far so good. Most people say you dont experience negative symptoms for a few hours after.
I had my second Moderna shot on Monday. At 4 hours my arm felt like it had been punched (same as the first jab) and at 24 hours I felt a little sickly but nothing to stop me doing what I normally do. That lasted for 2 days and today I feel as normal as I ever do.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:02pm
Also Im vaccinated peoples.
Awesome man. Glad to hear it.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:16pm
Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:10pm
Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:07pm

Well he means reinfection within whatever time period your immune system decides, which we have very little information about.
Sure, but if you concede that we have little info, it seems sensible to vaccinate to be safe.
How can you be sensible and arrogant at the same time? You math doesn't add up here, professor.
:lol: I'm in the humanities. We don't deal with sense.
Or CENTS.

http://instantrimshot.com/
My understanding from knowledgeable observers online that I am, in fact, horribly overpaid.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

oliver wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:19pm
revbob wrote:
Its the moderna. So far so good. Most people say you dont experience negative symptoms for a few hours after.
I had my second Moderna shot on Monday. At 4 hours my arm felt like it had been punched (same as the first jab) and at 24 hours I felt a little sickly but nothing to stop me doing what I normally do. That lasted for 2 days and today I feel as normal as I ever do.
I normally would have had at least a beer by now but I'm sticking with regular old water.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2021, 5:49pm
oliver wrote:
revbob wrote:
I normally would have had at least a beer by now but I'm sticking with regular old water.
We got tired of drinking glass after glass of water and switched to hot green tea. The antioxidants are supposed to be somewhat beneficial we've read.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2021, 5:49pm
oliver wrote:
revbob wrote:
So you're technically alive, but are you actually living?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2021, 3:21pm
JennyB wrote:
13 May 2021, 3:13pm
I just made an appt. for VH, Jr. to get his first Pfizer dose on Monday. He won't be 12 until the 30th, but evidently, they aren't checking ID. I'll just have to fudge his birthday.

What. A whole generation did this to fight the nazis.
:lol: Not coincidentally, those resisting vaccination are generally Nazi-curious, if not worse.
Or like my doctor friend, they have already have it and don't believe in reinfection.
He went to med school in the Caribbean, didn't he.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Still feeling normal maybe I got a placebo.

So now that you dont require a mask if you are fully vaxxed how do you know the person next to you isnt just an anti-mask/anti-vax ?

Also my daughter pointed out that she's seen fully vaxxed and people who had it and got vaxxed come in with Covid. Granted not really bad symptoms but still. Also like half the Yankees team has also tested positive while having been fully vaxxed and at least one of them had covid before too.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2021, 10:47am

So now that you dont require a mask if you are fully vaxxed how do you know the person next to you isnt just an anti-mask/anti-vax ?

Also my daughter pointed out that she's seen fully vaxxed and people who had it and got vaxxed come in with Covid. Granted not really bad symptoms but still. Also like half the Yankees team has also tested positive while having been fully vaxxed and at least one of them had covid before too.
Congratulations on not having any unpleasant side effects.
how do you know the person next to you isnt just an anti-mask/anti-vax ?
MAGA or Q-Anon hats should be a dead give away!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:02am
revbob wrote:

Yeah, they aren't quiet about their positions. If they were also vegans who did crossfit, they'd be the perfect nightmare.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:07am
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah, they aren't quiet about their positions. If they were also vegans who did crossfit, they'd be the perfect nightmare.
Hello,

Or pelotons.

In actual good news, this is pretty close to an endorsement of getting back to normal via vaccines from the CDC:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc-say ... tings.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:07am
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hello,

Or pelotons.
You're so right, peloton!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:

Noted "celebrity" Bill Maher has tested positive despite being vaxxed. We're going to see a lot of these in the news because it sells papers, but I expect it's just going to be the percentage that was already expected. They're not going to be 100%, and I suppose that the real value is that it prevents death. I'm reading that currently, the death rate is 1%.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:54pm
revbob wrote:

Noted "celebrity" Bill Maher has tested positive despite being vaxxed. We're going to see a lot of these in the news because it sells papers, but I expect it's just going to be the percentage that was already expected. They're not going to be 100%, and I suppose that the real value is that it prevents death. I'm reading that currently, the death rate is 1%.
Doesn't Maher play footsie with anti-vaxers? Fucking walk the walk, you bag of dicks.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:56pm
Kory wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:54pm
revbob wrote:

Doesn't Maher play footsie with anti-vaxers? Fucking walk the walk, you bag of dicks.
Yeah he's part of the "we can't live in fear" brigade, but I suspect he may have been forced by whoever his bosses are.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc