The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 1:37pm
revbob wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 8:55am
Kimmelweck wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 11:06pm
revbob wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 10:37pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 10:11pm

Ah, cool, thanks. I'll have to put that one on my to do list.
Mine was bad but plenty get it worse. It was my right leg and up my side to my back. Completely missed my dick and balls thankfully. You can get it in your eye too.
Ouch. Was just looking into it and apparently the vaccine is not recommended until age 50. Not sure how strict that is, but it looks like I still have a few months to go before I can get it.
Yeah, that seems to be the magic number for that vax. That said I was like 48 when I got shingles.
My grandpa had it, I'm going to have to look up and see if its probability is genetic at all.
It could be but basically if you ever had chix pox, you're eligible. Or if you've never had CP you could also get it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I got my booster back in August (because of my history with kidney failure and because I live in fucking Missouri and they had plenty). So I imagine I will be up again in February, but I don't think they have recommended a fourth yet.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 11:16am
I got my booster back in August (because of my history with kidney failure and because I live in fucking Missouri and they had plenty). So I imagine I will be up again in February, but I don't think they have recommended a fourth yet.
It seems probable that an annual or semi-annual booster will be the norm. Which is going to suck for people who have bad side effects.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 11:55am
JennyB wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 11:16am
It seems probable that an annual or semi-annual booster will be the norm. Which is going to suck for people who have bad side effects.
Yep. Thanks, antivaxxers!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Good for the courts in Maine for taking a stand on this dangerous non-sense.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ended.html
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

For those of you in the US, you can get 4 free home tests each month. Very easy to order, took me about 15 seconds.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Bit of news for US residents. You may have heard that the feds are handing out free at-home covid tests. The program was supposed to start tomorrow, but the site is up and running right now, a day early - covidtests.gov. Go to the site and it takes about 30 seconds to fill out your name and address and click order - no cost. I just ordered mine a minute ago, super easy. The tests ship in 7-10 days. Only 1 order allowed per household, but the package includes 4 tests. Might want to order now before the site crashes if everyone finds out the site is open early.

edit - ha, Sparky beat me to it, because I took a phone call while I was typing my post. :lol:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Thanks to you both! I just ordered a set!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 3:24pm
Bit of news for US residents. You may have heard that the feds are handing out free at-home covid tests. The program was supposed to start tomorrow, but the site is up and running right now, a day early - covidtests.gov. Go to the site and it takes about 30 seconds to fill out your name and address and click order - no cost. I just ordered mine a minute ago, super easy. The tests ship in 7-10 days. Only 1 order allowed per household, but the package includes 4 tests. Might want to order now before the site crashes if everyone finds out the site is open early.

edit - ha, Sparky beat me to it, because I took a phone call while I was typing my post. :lol:
It's really a good deal, we paid between $18 & $24 a piece for the tests we've purchased in the past couple of months.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

<thumbs up>
Just ordered a set too
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fuck you, America, we can play this dumb game, too!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.6319354
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 8:21pm
I mean, dog photos are delightful though.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 12:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 8:21pm
I mean, dog photos are delightful though.
This is how the anti-vaxxers seduce you!

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

Kimmelweck wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 3:24pm

Thank you, just ordered mine! I was getting them for $23 for a pack of two so happy to have saved the $50.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »