The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Flex »

Damn marky, glad you came out on the other side of that episode and are able to recall it with some grace and humor.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not wishing to miss the greater point of the story and being glad that Marky made it thru with health and humour improved, but … buying your second house at age 23? Are you a Nigerian prince?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 5:55pm
Not wishing to miss the greater point of the story and being glad that Marky made it thru with health and humour improved, but … buying your second house at age 23? Are you a Nigerian prince?
Ha! more like an English pauper. I bought my first house at 20, second at 23 and third at 24. I lived in the 3rd house for 30 years. Then the relationship failed this time my ex went off with a police sergeant. So estate agents and policemen are not my favourite people.

I then moved in with my mum and stepfather to help out with his bad health. He sadly passed away Christmas before last. So just my mum and I now. I'm semi retired and haven't worked for the last three years.

May look for some part time work but not much need to as pretty secure financially. Still not quite that Nigerian prince.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! more like an English pauper. I bought my first house at 20, second at 23 and third at 24. I lived in the 3rd house for 30 years. Then the relationship failed this time my ex went off with a police sergeant. So estate agents and policemen are not my favourite people.

I then moved in with my mum and stepfather to help out with his bad health. He sadly passed away Christmas before last. So just my mum and I now. I'm semi retired and haven't worked for the last three years.

May look for some part time work but not much need to as pretty secure financially. Still not quite that Nigerian prince.
The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.
She's been through a hell of a lot and always been there for me. So it's all good.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

She's been through a hell of a lot and always been there for me. So it's all good.
Still, it's a special and noble person who can and will do that. So don't downplay your deeds.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out mate. Still admire that attitude. :approve:

All the very best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Similar to what Doc has already said, being able to care for our parents is no small thing, I'm starting to see that more and more with mine in the past few years, so my hat is off to you Marky.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry to hear about your day, that really sucks, but I'm glad you can keep your head up high Heston. I especially like your views on what life can throw your way next, it's not always easy to stay positive, but my experiences have taught me the negativity only makes it darker.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:50pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry to hear things didn't work out mate. Still admire that attitude. :approve:

All the very best.
Cheers mate. It was my decision to end it but I'm still hurt as fuck that things didn't work out. But the future is unwritten as a wise man once said.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:54pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry to hear about your day, that really sucks, but I'm glad you can keep your head up high Heston. I especially like your views on what life can throw your way next, it's not always easy to stay positive, but my experiences have taught me the negativity only makes it darker.
Thanks Sparky, really appreciated mate.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Sorry to read this, but I admire the hell out of your perspective. :cool:

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:06pm
Heston wrote:
Thanks Doc, this is the reason I listen to Shout It Out Loud every day.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:06pm
Heston wrote:
Thanks Doc, this is the reason I listen to Shout It Out Loud every day.
Aaaaaaaand you ruined it.