The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:29pm
revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:18pm
revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:37pm

What I read is that we're 75% immune for contracting it on the first dose, and 100% immune for a fatal experience if we do. And the immediate side effects are much less ugly. The Boss's arm where she got the needle is itchy, but I've got nothing thus far.
Ok you're showing up on the map now. Do you have a desire to abandon your Apple ways yet?
Nope. I guess the Jobs vaccine I got back in '98 is still too dominant. Still, if someone gave me a Surface, I'd accept it, so maybe there's something going on.
The second dose is the clincher.
So I'm going to start seeing Clippy whenever I need advice?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's either funny or Im drunk or both.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:12pm

Ok you're showing up on the map now. Do you have a desire to abandon your Apple ways yet?
Nope. I guess the Jobs vaccine I got back in '98 is still too dominant. Still, if someone gave me a Surface, I'd accept it, so maybe there's something going on.
You're drunk; I fully acknowledge that it's weak humour. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:36pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Macs are still better.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Macs are still better.
I see you too received the black turtleneck inoculation!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Macs are still better.
For artsy fartsy types.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 May 2021, 1:19pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Macs are still better.
For artsy fartsy types.
Back in the old days when this stereotype was generally true, I thought Mac users (certainly myself included) were actually admitting they were too dumb to understand how their computer worked. We had to pay extra for being dolts. (There's a reason why Apple didn't go with my ad pitch.)

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Sparky wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:57pm
Sparky wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:16pm
Literally the mildest needle I've ever received. If I didn't know I was getting it, I wouldn't have been aware. Now I wait until dark to turn into the Hulk.
Congratulations Doc & welcome to the club! How many days until your 2nd shot?
They've awarded me 17 September for the second one, tho they said it could change. So that's, what, four and a half months?
Wow, 4 months huh? I wonder why the AstraZeneca has such a long wait between doses?
Canada has a hugely limited supply of vaccines at present, so all brands (AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, JJ etc) are on an extended second-dose schedule so they can get everyone their first jab. The feds have said this is within all manufacturer's guidelines, although I haven't heard of any other country doing this (but what do I know anyway?).

EDIT: as per The Star's numbers, 5.5m Ontarians have had at least one shot vs 300k fully vaccinated. 14.7m people in the province.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 May 2021, 2:21pm
Canada has a hugely limited supply of vaccines at present, so all brands (AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, JJ etc) are on an extended second-dose schedule so they can get everyone their first jab. The feds have said this is within all manufacturer's guidelines, although I haven't heard of any other country doing this (but what do I know anyway?).

EDIT: as per The Star's numbers, 5.5m Ontarians have had at least one shot vs 300k fully vaccinated. 14.7m people in the province.
Remember last year when the Liberals were bragging about how they'd reserved vaccines more than population needed—that's how on top of this they were—and Conservatives were … probably complaining about Trudeau's beard. We were so young and naive …

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

My friend's betrothed is a nurse practitioner and has said that it's been fuck-ups all the way down — Libs put their eggs in incorrect baskets, provinces have fucked up distribution of what is coming in and shutdowns, cities have mishandled deployment and rollouts. As we roll into month 14 of the never-ending lockdown. :twitch:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I thin it was my buddy in Ireland who said 8 weeks in between shots...

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I recall there was some talk here in the US a few months back about pushing out the 2nd dose in order to get more 1st doses in arms, but I think they gave up on that plan after we got 3 suppliers in the game (Moderna, Pfizer, J&J).
Last edited by Sparky on 07 May 2021, 6:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
07 May 2021, 5:56pm
I recall there was some talk here in the US a few months back about pushing out the 2nd does in order to get more 1st doses in arms, but I think they gave up on that plan after we got 3 suppliers in the game (Moderna, Pfizer, J&J).
Also, a bunch of idiots don't want to be vaxxed, so that would have been a waste anyway. So much for herd immunity, let's live with it forever because we can't force morons to do the right thing!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 May 2021, 5:59pm
Sparky wrote:
I recall there was some talk here in the US a few months back about pushing out the 2nd does in order to get more 1st doses in arms, but I think they gave up on that plan after we got 3 suppliers in the game (Moderna, Pfizer, J&J).
Also, a bunch of idiots don't want to be vaxxed, so that would have been a waste anyway. So much for herd immunity, let's live with it forever because we can't force morons to do the right thing!
Can't help but think that the mouthbreathers changed the strategy. Why let the doses go to waste, so do the boosters sooner than later. And then, of course, when certain parts of the country recovers while others slug along because of new waves, they can posit conspiracy theories about how libruls are intentionally infecting real Americans.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2021, 6:17pm
Kory wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Can't help but think that the mouthbreathers changed the strategy. Why let the doses go to waste, so do the boosters sooner than later. And then, of course, when certain parts of the country recovers while others slug along because of new waves, they can posit conspiracy theories about how libruls are intentionally infecting real Americans.
It would be pretty genius if it was on purpose.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Amen! My wife & I were discussing this earlier today. We'll have to continue to wear a mask in public in order to protect team flat earth who refuses to be vaccinated. WTF?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung