The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by WestwayKid »

Got my first shot this morning. I'm feeling thankful that I took a job in the food supply chain. I chatted with the pharmacist at Walgreen's while filling out paperwork and was told they have more shots than appointments today... which is both awesome (supply is good) and not awesome if shots don't get used. Interestingly, they did not ask me to prove I was eligible. I was prepared to, but they never asked.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Great news. My wife and my girlfriend have both had their first. Now I just got to sit around and wait.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:49pm
Great news. My wife and my girlfriend have both had their first. Now I just got to sit around and wait.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Congratulations to you both. The Boss informed me that her plan is to start hanging around our local pharmacy toward the close of each day to see if she can sneak in before she's officially eligible. I don't think I'm as dedicated.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:58pm
Congratulations to you both. The Boss informed me that her plan is to start hanging around our local pharmacy toward the close of each day to see if she can sneak in before she's officially eligible. I don't think I'm as dedicated.
I've thought about doing that at the Coliseum site, but I'm not that desperate (for lack of a better word) at this point. I think when the extra vaccines become a little more available, I'll consider it then.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm on some waste protocol lists for nearby pharmacies - they call you if they have an extra dose that they don't have someone lined up for. I think Wal Mart and CVS pharmacies, at least, are doing them. I'd highly recommend looking into those for anyone who wants to try to get a vaccine "earlier" than their official wave.

Addendum: according to our county health department, only 2 doses of vaccine have been spoiled so far in our area: 1 was a vaccine vial that fell to the ground and broke and one was a dose that was misapplied on a person so they had to re-do it. It's insanely impressive how good our local health department has been about distributing every dose possible.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:45pm
Got my first shot this morning. I'm feeling thankful that I took a job in the food supply chain. I chatted with the pharmacist at Walgreen's while filling out paperwork and was told they have more shots than appointments today... which is both awesome (supply is good) and not awesome if shots don't get used. Interestingly, they did not ask me to prove I was eligible. I was prepared to, but they never asked.
I was never asked if I was eligible either. I don't know anyone who was.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

A guy I work with did this, it seems pretty common. Beats having them go to waste.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Maggie is eligible for hers as a dance instructor, so she's getting the first shot tomorrow. I hope production goes up soon or it's going to cause a disparity in our marriage, ending in tears.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Where we live, they're on groups 1A (basically 65+ years of age, those in the medical field) as well as 1B (education, food workers, emergency responders). Wife & I fall under group 1C (50- 65 years old) but they don't yet have an anticipated start date, so all we can do is check for updates and wait patiently.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:56pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I think they just want to get shots in arms - which is awesome.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 4:03pm
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I signed up today for the "unclaimed" or leftover shots or whatever, hope to get an email soonish.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 4:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I signed up today for the "unclaimed" or leftover shots or whatever, hope to get an email soonish.
Wish they offered that option where we're at, we're pretty flexible, we'd jump on an opportunity if one arose. We registered, but got an email saying our group isn't eligible just yet.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I've heard that you can stop in at Walgreen's towards the end of the day to see if they have any unclaimed shots.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 6:00pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I've heard that you can stop in at Walgreen's towards the end of the day to see if they have any unclaimed shots.
That might work for the first one, but it seems likely that you wouldn't be able to get the second, using that method.