The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:15pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:06pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:48pm
I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.
Sorry to read this, but I admire the hell out of your perspective. :cool:
Thanks Doc, this is the reason I listen to Shout It Out Loud every day.
Aaaaaaaand you ruined it.
:lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:50pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 6:59pm

Ha! more like an English pauper. I bought my first house at 20, second at 23 and third at 24. I lived in the 3rd house for 30 years. Then the relationship failed this time my ex went off with a police sergeant. So estate agents and policemen are not my favourite people.

I then moved in with my mum and stepfather to help out with his bad health. He sadly passed away Christmas before last. So just my mum and I now. I'm semi retired and haven't worked for the last three years.

May look for some part time work but not much need to as pretty secure financially. Still not quite that Nigerian prince.
The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.
I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out mate. Still admire that attitude. :approve:

All the very best.
Cheers mate. It was my decision to end it but I'm still hurt as fuck that things didn't work out. But the future is unwritten as a wise man once said.
Best of luck with all this Hes. It sounds like a brave move on your part. Ending a long term relationship is never easy. Other than some strange musical proclivities you seem like a great person.

And Marky sorry for all that prior shit but I think its great you can be there for your mom. I wish I still had time with mine. Cherish it.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:37pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out mate. Still admire that attitude. :approve:

All the very best.
Cheers mate. It was my decision to end it but I'm still hurt as fuck that things didn't work out. But the future is unwritten as a wise man once said.
Best of luck with all this Hes. It sounds like a brave move on your part. Ending a long term relationship is never easy. Other than some strange musical proclivities you seem like a great person.

And Marky sorry for all that prior shit but I think its great you can be there for your mom. I wish I still had time with mine. Cherish it.
Thanks mate. It's the first time I've ended a relationship since I was at school and on that occasion I got someone to do it for me. :mrgreen: I'll not deny it's been a tough day though, I'm pretty choked.

Also echo what you say about our moms. Treasure them.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:53pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

All the very best.

Thanks mate. It's the first time I've ended a relationship since I was at school and on that occasion I got someone to do it for me. :mrgreen: I'll not deny it's been a tough day though, I'm pretty choked.

Also echo what you say about our moms. Treasure them.
When I was like 10 the school bus driver told me something similar. I didn't get it at the time, but never forgot it.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Heston wrote:
You know what'll perk you right up? Get out there and get your middle aged self on top of a new woman!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 9:50pm
Heston wrote:
You know what'll perk you right up? Get out there and get your middle aged self on top of a new woman!
Yeah he needs to fire up his Love Gun to put the X in Sex all For the Love of Rock n Roll and he can go All the Way with Christine Siixteen and she'll Call him Dr Love and get Down on her Knees and he'll call her a Freakwhile She gets All she Can Take and say Gimme More because shes Good Girl Gone Bad who has Love for Sale and is Hotter than Hell and she was Made for Loving You and Heston will be Legend Tonight because he's An Animal and she will say Keep Me Comin and Heston will Lick it Up.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 10:17pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 9:50pm
Heston wrote:
Yeah he needs to fire up his Love Gun to put the X in Sex all For the Love of Rock n Roll and he can go All the Way with Christine Siixteen and she'll Call him Dr Love and get Down on her Knees and he'll call her a Freakwhile She gets All she Can Take and say Gimme More because shes Good Girl Gone Bad who has Love for Sale and is Hotter than Hell and she was Made for Loving You and Heston will be Legend Tonight because he's An Animal and she will say Keep Me Comin and Heston will Lick it Up.
Well said Rev!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

All the very best.

Revbob said everything better than I could have, but I second this.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

All the very best.

Cheers rev.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 2:38pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 2:08pm
Kory wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 5:39pm
Kory wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 2:32pm

Memoriiiiiieees......
While on the subject, what was the rationale behind the name? Always curious about that stuff.
I contracted chicken pox from my brother when I was 15, pretty late for most people. It was agony, and I later used the name as my "nom de punk" for a number of bands that I was in at the time. It seemed appropriately snotty in a Johnny Rotten sort of way.
I contracted chicken pox at 29, most ill I've been in my life.
I committed suicide at 23 and luckily failed. Took a whole medicine cabinet of drugs and had my stomach pumped out. That's gotta be the most I'll I've ever been.
I am SO glad you failed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 10:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 2:38pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 2:08pm
Kory wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 5:39pm

While on the subject, what was the rationale behind the name? Always curious about that stuff.
I contracted chicken pox from my brother when I was 15, pretty late for most people. It was agony, and I later used the name as my "nom de punk" for a number of bands that I was in at the time. It seemed appropriately snotty in a Johnny Rotten sort of way.
I contracted chicken pox at 29, most ill I've been in my life.
I committed suicide at 23 and luckily failed. Took a whole medicine cabinet of drugs and had my stomach pumped out. That's gotta be the most I'll I've ever been.
I am SO glad you failed.
Hey me too. :kiss:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Love to yaz, friends.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 11:52am
Love to yaz, friends.
Yep the only way is up. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 1:34pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Love to yaz, friends.
Dear me :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 1:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 1:34pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Love to yaz, friends.
Dear me :mrgreen:
Haha it was just too tempting for my little Marky brain to resist.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia