The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by weller259 »

I was the primary care giver for my mom for 15+ years and while it did stunt my life in terms of relationships and career, she was an awesome lady who was a kid during "the great depression" and she deserved to live in her own home under her own terms as her life progressed and even with all the problems I have had because of that, I am really glad that I did what I did for her and if I had to make the choice all over again, knowing then what I know now, i'd still make the same choice.

Yes, I am paying the price for that now (and every day) in my life, but I know in my heart and soul that I did the right thing by her and I have no regrets about how my decision made her last 15+ years happy ones for her. That outweighs the regrets I have about how my choice affected my life.

Also while she passed in 2009 4 days short of her 90th birthday, thankfully she was still with it mentally until the end, and I know how grateful she was that I took care of her, I am glad she didn't have to live through this pandemic.

Stay safe everyone, and tell the ones you love that you love them, every chance you get.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I don't usually read this thread but just caught up on the last few pages. I don't quite know what to say, but much love to all and Marky I did laugh at the sold the house final line.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

weller259 wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 4:42pm
I was the primary care giver for my mom for 15+ years and while it did stunt my life in terms of relationships and career, she was an awesome lady who was a kid during "the great depression" and she deserved to live in her own home under her own terms as her life progressed and even with all the problems I have had because of that, I am really glad that I did what I did for her and if I had to make the choice all over again, knowing then what I know now, i'd still make the same choice.

Yes, I am paying the price for that now (and every day) in my life, but I know in my heart and soul that I did the right thing by her and I have no regrets about how my decision made her last 15+ years happy ones for her. That outweighs the regrets I have about how my choice affected my life.

Also while she passed in 2009 4 days short of her 90th birthday, thankfully she was still with it mentally until the end, and I know how grateful she was that I took care of her, I am glad she didn't have to live through this pandemic.

Stay safe everyone, and tell the ones you love that you love them, every chance you get.
Boy done good mate. Take it easy, stay safe.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 4:58pm
I don't usually read this thread but just caught up on the last few pages. I don't quite know what to say, but much love to all and Marky I did laugh at the sold the house final line.
Cheers mate. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

weller259 wrote:

I take my hat off to you mate, behaviour of the best kind.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 9:50pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 8:53pm
Thanks mate. It's the first time I've ended a relationship since I was at school and on that occasion I got someone to do it for me. :mrgreen: I'll not deny it's been a tough day though, I'm pretty choked.
You know what'll perk you right up? Get out there and get your middle aged self on top of a new woman!
I'll give it a few weeks mate, then all bets are off.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:

Few people get to know, in their heart, that they made the impossible effort to repay the debt to their parents for raising them, but you were closer than most. You deserve good karma for the rest of your days.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

weller259 wrote:

You've got my respect, 15 years is a very long time, but you did right by your mom and I'm sure she was very proud to have you as her son.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 8:04pm
weller259 wrote:

Few people get to know, in their heart, that they made the impossible effort to repay the debt to their parents for raising them, but you were closer than most. You deserve good karma for the rest of your days.
Wholeheartedly agree.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Wow. Thank you, all, for your very kind words, I greatly appreciate them.
That's the thing about life, sometimes you have to make a choice that changes everything. Then you must live with the consequences.

Then again, i'm a life-long New York Jets fan, so I do know a bit about long-term suffering. lol.

Again, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for your kind wishes and words. I am humbled by them, and truly grateful for them.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

weller259 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 4:03pm
Wow. Thank you, all, for your very kind words, I greatly appreciate them.
That's the thing about life, sometimes you have to make a choice that changes everything. Then you must live with the consequences.

Then again, i'm a life-long New York Jets fan, so I do know a bit about long-term suffering. lol.

Again, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for your kind wishes and words. I am humbled by them, and truly grateful for them.
You're a good geezer so no need to feel humble. It takes a lot in this life to be committed and put yourself second. You done good mate.

Can I ask is the "Weller" your surname or a nod to an old mod we all know?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

weller259 wrote:
Great work. The price you would be paying had you made the other choice would no doubt have no doubt been unbearable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 7:17am
How bloody true.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 7:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 7:17am
How bloody true.
Yet this is how evolution works. Those capable of adapting to environmental changes so as to survive and reproduce continue on; those incapable of doing so die out. You can certainly over-apply the principle here, but, yeah, those who have been willing to adapt and adjust are in a better position going forward than those guided by obstinacy.