The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Sparky »

I have family members and relatives who are all in the teaching profession. I really feel sorry for what they're going to be up against this fall.

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:38am
I have family members and relatives who are all in the teaching profession. I really feel sorry for what they're going to be up against this fall.

The same with segregation laws. Absolute tyranny to force black and whites kids to attend the same schools, but legally preventing all kids from being in the same class is government preserving freedom. Everyone loves big government as long as it's serving their interests.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Posting in the "Good News" thread because they were arrested!
A family went to Hawaii but didn't want to be bothered by the 10 day quarantine for non-vaccinated, so they just purchased "fake" vaccination cards. The problem was their 2 kids were under 12 (minimum age for vaccines) but they had "vaccination cards", red flag for the airport screeners.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

So much for the "patriots" excuses. Seems our founding father required his subordinates to be vaccinated against what was a public health threat at that time. And it probably would still be a public health threat today if it wasn't for vaccinations.
Attachments
GW SP.jpg
GW SP.jpg (207.45 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 5:27pm
So much for the "patriots" excuses. Seems our founding father required his subordinates to be vaccinated against what was a public health threat at that time. And it probably would still be a public health threat today if it wasn't for vaccinations.
Modern "libertarians" (quotes because their libertarianism is almost always very situational) are oblivious to the degree of obligation that went with community membership then. In a very practical sense, people wouldn't survive long without tight bonds of mutual obligation. Life wasn't that far from subsistence. So there was a culture of behaviour for the common good, as well as deference to social elites. Current freedom lovers would be scorned and punished by the people of the late 18th century. It's utter ahistorical rhetoric to invoke the Founding Fathers to rationalize anti-public health measures.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 5:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Modern "libertarians" (quotes because their libertarianism is almost always very situational) are oblivious to the degree of obligation that went with community membership then. In a very practical sense, people wouldn't survive long without tight bonds of mutual obligation. Life wasn't that far from subsistence. So there was a culture of behaviour for the common good, as well as deference to social elites. Current freedom lovers would be scorned and punished by the people of the late 18th century. It's utter ahistorical rhetoric to invoke the Founding Fathers to rationalize anti-public health measures.
I agree, whatever happened to taking action or making a small sacrifice for the common good of your country and your fellow man? Must everything be a conspiracy, hoax or assault on your "freedom"?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 5:55pm
Sparky wrote:
I agree, whatever happened to taking action or making a small sacrifice for the common good of your country and your fellow man? Must everything be a conspiracy, hoax or assault on your "freedom"?
The irony is that, traditionally, Republicans have always been more community-oriented than Democrats. But there's nothing traditional left to Republicans. It's wholly tribal now, divorced from anything properly community now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-ske ... itter_page

Some people's survival instinct is completely haywire. But they will drink horse syrup or some such if Hannity mentions it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ontario's employing a vax passport system, proving once again that Doug Ford will do the right thing once he's exhausted all other options.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I was away/disconnected from online all last week for a wedding in remote north Ontario. All this stuff just melted away out in the jungles up there, as Covid fears were replaced with bear fears (there was a poor blueberry season this year and the poor dears were grumpy and hungry).

Good to see IMCT hasn't been overrun with imitation ham bots in my absence. 😎

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 1:21pm
I was away/disconnected from online all last week for a wedding in remote north Ontario. All this stuff just melted away out in the jungles up there, as Covid fears were replaced with bear fears (there was a poor blueberry season this year and the poor dears were grumpy and hungry).

So glad you didn't end up a bears lunch. Welcome back.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 1:21pm

I have a bear story myself. Wife and I went to Mammoth then Tahoe last month. "Don't leave food in your car, bears will break in". Watch out for bears, bear Xing, bear t-shirts in every store, homes with bear deco on their lawns, Bear statues in the mall, and so on. Guess how many fucking bears we saw in 6 days? The same amount of Bigfoots I saw. ZERO! Made me wonder if there's even such thing as bears.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Sparky wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 6:34pm
THIS!
People consider these things to be a conspiracy, a hoax, an assault on their freedoms because they are SELFISH, CHILDISH, and incredibly STUPID.
People like that are the reason we are still in a COVID-nightmare.
These same people want to make it more difficult to vote, and take away a woman's right to choose, among many other reprehensible things. But that's for another discussion.
I have health issues as do many people my age (ancient), but I got vaccinated not just for me, but for society, for the human race, for the better good. The needs of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many. And while I can be as selfish as anyone (don't you dare change the station on my radio), being a responsible adult in the 21st Century requires ACTING like one. smh
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope