The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

Good for you Heston. I know I speak for Doc when I say if he was a 50 something yo woman he'd be interested.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 2:19pm
Good for you Heston. I know I speak for Doc when I say if he was a 50 something yo woman he'd be interested.
Well duh. A guy crooning "Beth" to me while whipping up some super noodles would have me making a preliminary wedding guest list.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 2:21pm
revbob wrote:
Well duh. A guy crooning "Beth" to me while whipping up some super noodles would have me making a preliminary wedding guest list.
Yeah, what's not to like?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 2:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah, what's not to like?
And then I mention Swans …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Be sure to add a splat of brown.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Be sure to add a splat of brown.
Where is good old Splat these days? I hope he's ok.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Heston wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 11:58am
Spiff wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 4:15pm
Heston wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 6:59pm

Ha! more like an English pauper. I bought my first house at 20, second at 23 and third at 24. I lived in the 3rd house for 30 years. Then the relationship failed this time my ex went off with a police sergeant. So estate agents and policemen are not my favourite people.

I then moved in with my mum and stepfather to help out with his bad health. He sadly passed away Christmas before last. So just my mum and I now. I'm semi retired and haven't worked for the last three years.

May look for some part time work but not much need to as pretty secure financially. Still not quite that Nigerian prince.
The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.
I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.
Sorry to hear that, Heston.

The Future is Unwritten, as you said earlier in this thread.
Thanks mate, appreciated. I actually got asked out on a date last week and had a few drinks with her on Saturday. It went well so let's see what the future writes!
You play guitar in a rock 'n' roll band ... your prospects are good!
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Spiff wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 5:21pm
Heston wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 7:14pm

The idea of buying a home at 20 is wild. We didn't buy our first until we were, I think, 31.

You're a damned good son for living with and caring for your mother. I'm not sure I could have done that.
I'm still renting at fucking 52. But I don't give a shit about money as long as I have enough to survive. My relationship of 9 years ended today but onwards and upwards. Who knows what life throws at you next? Grab the future by the face always.

Thanks mate, appreciated. I actually got asked out on a date last week and had a few drinks with her on Saturday. It went well so let's see what the future writes!
Oh, if it were only that simple. :lol:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 5:44pm
Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:

At least for show nights right?

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 5:56pm
Heston wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 5:44pm
Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:
Spiff wrote:

At least for show nights right?
You have to pack the gear way after the gig. No time to be Gene Simmons at this level.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 12:16pm
Heston wrote:
I actually got asked out on a date last week and had a few drinks with her on Saturday. It went well so let's see what the future writes!
[internal Heston monologue]: Don'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISS
Her: What are you thinking about?
Heston: Starship!
It's so funny how we all have our favorite non-Clash bands (you with Swans, Spiff with Shonen Knife, etc), and only Heston's is horrible.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I actually got asked out on a date last week and had a few drinks with her on Saturday. It went well so let's see what the future writes!
[internal Heston monologue]: Don'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISSDon'ttalkaboutKISS
It's so funny how we all have our favorite non-Clash bands (you with Swans, Spiff with Shonen Knife, etc), and only Heston's is horrible.
Yet, as we've all acknowledged with some wonder, his own actual band is pretty damned good. It's Fermat's Last Theorem in music form.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yet, as we've all acknowledged with some wonder, his own actual band is pretty damned good. It's Fermat's Last Theorem in music form.
His band is great! He really is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scott-a ... d-of-virus

Heaven just got a really moronic new angel!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 8:41am
https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scott-a ... d-of-virus

Heaven just got a really moronic new angel!
You'd think by now the anti-vax crowd would be taking notice of all the people who've taken such a stand and paid the ultimate price for it. You'd hope they'd begin to question all the misinformation and false narratives that the Republican's they stand with have spread.

But I guess not, the "it will never happen to me" denial runs strong with these folks. It's clearly more important for them to continue to spread the Big Lie and all the smaller ones that go along with this political belief system they have, regardless of the outcome.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung