The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 9:54pm
Sparky wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 12:59pm
Just got my Omicron booster this morning, I sure hope the side effects are minimal. We're traveling to Alabama in a few weeks, so we are trying to be better prepared.
Can anyone truly be prepared for Alabama?
Exactly, we've never been there but the daughter & her fiancé moved there about 4 years ago for affordable housing, she says it's different than So Cal, but not as bad as she initially thought. Looking forward to some good BBQ foods and some hiking, not looking forward to the heat & humidity, we've got enough of that right here.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 10:41pm
revbob wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 9:54pm
Sparky wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 12:59pm
Just got my Omicron booster this morning, I sure hope the side effects are minimal. We're traveling to Alabama in a few weeks, so we are trying to be better prepared.
Can anyone truly be prepared for Alabama?
Hello,

I lived in Alabama for 11 months. People in Daphne might still remember me - I drove the Prius and didn't back into parking spaces.
We're going to be in the Birmingham area, so I won't name drop, but then again, a Prius in Alabama, word may have spread far and wide. :mrgreen:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Got new formula of the vax and man oh man am I walloped like I hadn't been since the original 2 shot regimen. Which it good, means it's working. But holy moly.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 11:05pm
Got new formula of the vax and man oh man am I walloped like I hadn't been since the original 2 shot regimen. Which it good, means it's working. But holy moly.
Thats your body powering up all those nanobots

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
This was the omicron vax?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:31am
Flex wrote:
Yeah. I'm already feeling fine again this morning but yesterday and last night were a bit rough. Just a heads up for anyone who gets it that hadn't had their last shot (or two) come with any side effects, plan on this one knocking you around a bit.

Now to go to some crowded indoor spaces and suck in as much air as possible!

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 7:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Yeah. I'm already feeling fine again this morning but yesterday and last night were a bit rough. Just a heads up for anyone who gets it that hadn't had their last shot (or two) come with any side effects, plan on this one knocking you around a bit.

Huh. I haven't had any ill effects (with any vaccine ever), but maybe I'll wait until the end of the school term just in case, so that if I have a reaction it won't fuck with work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:11am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Huh. I haven't had any ill effects (with any vaccine ever), but maybe I'll wait until the end of the school term just in case, so that if I have a reaction it won't fuck with work.
Do it on a Thursday and if you feel like shit on Friday just show a movie. I would have thought you'd have this down by now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:11am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Do it on a Thursday and if you feel like shit on Friday just show a movie. I would have thought you'd have this down by now.
The guilt would eat me alive. Seriously. I feel really shitty when I have a subpar class.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
Curious, was it Pfizer or Moderna? We had the Pfizer omicron booster last week and were surprised to not have had any affects, but we don't know any other people of who received this booster.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 9:04am
Flex wrote:
Curious, was it Pfizer or Moderna? We had the Pfizer omicron booster last week and were surprised to not have had any affects, but we don't know any other people of who received this booster.
Moderna. I've exclusively done Moderna because they sponsor the Red Sox. Kidding (not kidding)

ETA: I've had 5 shots total. I had wicked side effects after my second shot (the original 2-dose regimen), no side effects after shots three and four (the first 2 boosters) and then fairly wicked side effects after this one (the New Coke formula booster).
Last edited by Flex on 16 Sep 2022, 9:10am, edited 1 time in total.

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 9:07am
Sparky wrote:
Flex wrote:
Moderna. I've exclusively done Moderna because they sponsor the Red Sox. Kidding (not kidding)
:lol:
My 80 year old mother had the Moderna omicron booster this week and she said she felt fine. We really expected to feel crummy because that's supposed to be a sign that your body recognizes the trigger and is mounting an offensive to stop it.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Sparky wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 9:09am
Flex wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Flex wrote:
:lol:
My 80 year old mother had the Moderna omicron booster this week and she said she felt fine. We really expected to feel crummy because that's supposed to be a sign that your body recognizes the trigger and is mounting an offensive to stop it.
The first time round i felt absolutely zero effects to the point i actually insanely worried i hadnt been given the damn thing at all or some placebo (fact i hadn't even sensed the needle going in didn't help!). Anyway, second jab draws blood and a few hours later my arm is throbbing and i'm completely zonked for about next 20-24 hours. Upshot: feeling of extreme psychological relief, infinitely better to be zonked than to feel nothing at all imho.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Flex wrote:
I got the moderna vax because of the links to Dolly Parton. I was half expecting to develop a penchant for those denim shirts with the tassles but it wasn't to be.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.