The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 May 2021, 12:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 12:05pm
There needs to be a bit more space between those urinals.
Hey, you guys wanted eight years of Obama, deal with it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heavy truth.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2021, 5:20pm

Heavy truth.
I like this guys thinking, I'm gonna have to get one of those shirts.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
23 May 2021, 8:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Heavy truth.
If it said “pandemic” instead of “virus” it would be better. Just changing “over” to “gone” might be acceptable too, though for scientific accuracy I’d prefer something like “If herd immunity is ever achieved, I’ll still avoid much of the herd.”

Otherwise, I’m turned off by the awkward wording as pictured. No sale here.

How about this for a t-shirt?: “When the pandemic is over, please keep your mask on, Ugly.”
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
24 May 2021, 1:10am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Heavy truth.
If it said “pandemic” instead of “virus” it would be better. Just changing “over” to “gone” might be acceptable too, though for scientific accuracy I’d prefer something like “If herd immunity is ever achieved, I’ll still avoid much of the herd.”

How about this for a t-shirt?: “When the pandemic is over, please keep your mask on, Ugly.
That's a little too cruel for my taste. I like your grammatical fixes though on the first one.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Heavy truth.

How about this for a t-shirt?: “When the pandemic is over, please keep your mask on, Ugly.”

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2021, 10:52am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Heavy truth.

How about this for a t-shirt?: “When the pandemic is over, please keep your mask on, Ugly.
That's a little too cruel for my taste. I like your grammatical fixes though on the first one.
Hey, the beautiful people are ugly too. :shifty:

But you’re right, I need to workshop that one a little more.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

With various states offering inducements to get vaccinated—lotteries with cash, trucks, or guns; or in one county a free beer—I can't help but muse over the mindset of who might be persuaded. "My health might be compromised by a vaccine or Bill Gates will be able to track me." But you could get a free gun or beer … "Okay." I mean, I'd like to think the serious anti-vaxxers won't be persuaded by the offers, but there must be some who are on the fence, giving some credence to the anti-vaxxer side, but will be persuaded by money or guns.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:45am
With various states offering inducements to get vaccinated—lotteries with cash, trucks, or guns; or in one county a free beer—I can't help but muse over the mindset of who might be persuaded. "My health might be compromised by a vaccine or Bill Gates will be able to track me." But you could get a free gun or beer … "Okay." I mean, I'd like to think the serious anti-vaxxers won't be persuaded by the offers, but there must be some who are on the fence, giving some credence to the anti-vaxxer side, but will be persuaded by money or guns.
Whatever works.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 10:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Whatever works.
Oh yeah, definitely, I ain't objecting. I'm only thinking about the competing values in all this, what it takes for people to get over health risks.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 10:41am
JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 10:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Whatever works.
Oh yeah, definitely, I ain't objecting. I'm only thinking about the competing values in all this, what it takes for people to get over health risks.
For sure.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Pretty pathetic, isn't it? Free guns & beer priority #1, protecting not only your health but those you come in contact with, #2.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I can't help but laugh in the face of people who believe this shit. Gates, Google etc dont need to put a chip in you because most people have one on them all the time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 10:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I can't help but laugh in the face of people who believe this shit. Gates, Google etc dont need to put a chip in you because most people have one on them all the time.
Seriously. Between gadgets and social media accounts, they purposefully scream out to everyone, "Here I am! This is me! I'm having a poo now. Then I'm going to McDonalds. Then I'm going to a Trump rally."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Its Jazz Festival here this week and luckily that means other types of music too. went to see a local blues band play, it was great being out among people enjoying music, food and drink. I ran into a few people I hadn't seen in a few to several years.

Also the one singer/guitar player made it a point to a mostly white audience (its VT), that we need to honor, recognize and respect the fact that this is music created by black people born out of struggle and strife. Which is not something Ive heard acknowledged before.