The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 9:31pm
Also the one singer/guitar player made it a point to a mostly white audience (its VT), that we need to honor, recognize and respect the fact that this is music created by black people born out of struggle and strife. Which is not something Ive heard acknowledged before.
I remember reading a critique of Ken Burns' Jazz documentary, arguing that Burns gets it completely wrong. Jazz isn't some testimonial to America's inclusivity and diversity; jazz is a form of expression that succeeded against concerted efforts to marginalize and suppress it. If jazz represents America in some way, it's that the struggle for dignity against the powerful doesn't end.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Jab 1 got.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 2:31pm
Jab 1 got.
You do AZ, I assume? Any side effects?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 2:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Jab 1 got.
Pfizer: just a sore arm, so far. I purposely booked it for a Sunday so I wouldn't waste any side effects for the weekend, I could call work up and take the day off with a genuine reason. Almost regret not having tomorrow off now, but I guess it's better than feeling shitty.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Jab 1 got.
Pfizer: just a sore arm, so far. I purposely booked it for a Sunday so I wouldn't waste any side effects for the weekend, I could call work up and take the day off with a genuine reason. Almost regret not having tomorrow off now, but I guess it's better than feeling shitty.
Ahem...are you sure you feel ok? Wink wink

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Jab 1 got.
Huh. I just assumed you'd get a UK-manufactured vaccine. Anyway, I agree with revbob—you're probably feeling pretty shitty from the vaccine and need a day or two to recover.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Things opened up (in part -- outdoor dining/drinking, limited in-store numbers etc) officially on Friday, it was great seeing some pals out on a patio for a few. Things looking up for accelerated second doses as well, so hopefully a semi-normal summer is in store for us here. 😎

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 11:29am
Things opened up (in part -- outdoor dining/drinking, limited in-store numbers etc) officially on Friday, it was great seeing some pals out on a patio for a few. Things looking up for accelerated second doses as well, so hopefully a semi-normal summer is in store for us here. 😎
I'll be in town in September if we can keep it going.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Inder wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 11:29am
Things are supposed to open up here June 15th, hopefully a large enough percentage of the population have been vaccinated that this won't backfire on us.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Things are pretty back to normal here. I believe we are the state with the highest rate of vaccinations.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Frustrating as the vaccine rollout has been, we're on the right track.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7949797/cana ... e-14-2021/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

VH, Jr. left for sleep away camp today and he is 8 days out from his second vaccine. He tested negative twice over the past two days. So I am hoping he will get to have as normal a time there as possible. And though I miss him like crazy, he needs this little bit of normal.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 4:12pm
Things are pretty back to normal here. I believe we are the state with the highest rate of vaccinations.
Just got back from a trip to the gas station/store down the street. I put my mask on in the car and then took it off and said screw it - I'm goin' in bare-faced. First time in over a year and it felt kinda weird. The sign on the door says mask required if you're not vaccinated, and well, I'm vaccinated. NY just hit 50% fully vaxxed, so things are opening up quite a bit. Still kept my distance from other people though.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 3:55pm
revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 4:12pm
Just got back from a trip to the gas station/store down the street. I put my mask on in the car and then took it off and said screw it - I'm goin' in bare-faced. First time in over a year and it felt kinda weird. The sign on the door says mask required if you're not vaccinated, and well, I'm vaccinated. NY just hit 50% fully vaxxed, so things are opening up quite a bit. Still kept my distance from other people though.
It is a disconcerting feeling, isn't it?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy