The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3698
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Low Down Low »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2739
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling better soon, keep us posted.
"How can the Replacements be the best band of the 80's when I've never even heard of them?" - Jon Bon Jovi - Musician Magazine 1989

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 32396
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Flex »

Get better BBE! You're right - a much better time to come down with it. I'd connect with a doctor asap as well, paxlovid I think needs to be administered fairly quickly after a confirmed case if you want to try to it.
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 104434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
You seem really unlucky as pretty much everyone I know now gets a mild strain or effect, esp. after being well vaxed. Be good to yourself, man!
"Stay gold, Ponyboy." - Warren Harding's final words

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.
I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:58am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
You seem really unlucky as pretty much everyone I know now gets a mild strain or effect, esp. after being well vaxed. Be good to yourself, man!
I kind of feel lucky. It was a two/three day event and I can still taste my soup.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:52am
Get better BBE! You're right - a much better time to come down with it. I'd connect with a doctor asap as well, paxlovid I think needs to be administered fairly quickly after a confirmed case if you want to try to it.
I did talk to my Doc. Since it didn't really affect my breathing that it was up to me. I wasn't looking to leave the house until this passed anyway so I skipped it. I just left the house for the first time and did a 3.5 brisk walk. I'm a little more fatigued from that than I would have liked but over all each days is better than the last. I tested negative this morning.

PS If you want to drop 5 pounds in 3 days I have a great method.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 104434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:41pm
PS If you want to drop 5 pounds in 3 days I have a great method.
Bah, a good run of food-poisoning can easily double that, plus leave you with a sexy gray pallor.
"Stay gold, Ponyboy." - Warren Harding's final words

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3698
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Low Down Low »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:35pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.
I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 20950
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by JennyB »

Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:35pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.
I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!
Awww, Garth is a good dude! I mean, his music isn't great, but he's a good dude!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 20446
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:35pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:57am
After ducking this thing for 30 months I tested positive on Sunday, a day after returning home from Ireland. It has been a rough week. I'm grateful to report that I did not lose taste or smell. The fever and especially the headache were something else, brutal. I had four Pfizer shots over 18 months and I am glad I didn't have to deal with these things without that prepared defense. I'm feeling OK all things considered. But ouch, that hurt.
Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.
I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!
Awww, Garth is a good dude! I mean, his music isn't great, but he's a good dude!
Based on the little I know I tend to agree. Music is horrible but he seems to be a decent enough person. He's no Toby Keith to be sure.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3698
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:10pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:35pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 11:22am


Can i apologise on behalf of Ireland and wish you speedy recovery. Anytime i see the stats here it's like the virus is all but gone, so either you were extremely unfortunate or the figures are way under estimated, likely a bit of both I'd say.
I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!
Awww, Garth is a good dude! I mean, his music isn't great, but he's a good dude!
Based on the little I know I tend to agree. Music is horrible but he seems to be a decent enough person. He's no Toby Keith to be sure.
I don't know much about him other than i very much dislike his music tbh. It was a cheap shot.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 20446
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:29pm
revbob wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:10pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:35pm


I blame the 90,000 Garth Brooks fans who rolled into Dublin last Friday.
90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!
Awww, Garth is a good dude! I mean, his music isn't great, but he's a good dude!
Based on the little I know I tend to agree. Music is horrible but he seems to be a decent enough person. He's no Toby Keith to be sure.
I don't know much about him other than i very much dislike his music tbh. It was a cheap shot.
One I would have taken myself.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:40pm
Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:29pm
revbob wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:10pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 1:00pm


90,000 Garth Brooks fans would definitely be enough to make anyone ill!
Awww, Garth is a good dude! I mean, his music isn't great, but he's a good dude!
Based on the little I know I tend to agree. Music is horrible but he seems to be a decent enough person. He's no Toby Keith to be sure.
I don't know much about him other than i very much dislike his music tbh. It was a cheap shot.
One I would have taken myself.
He might have taken the same shot at himself. He seems to be self aware.

Image
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Covid negative and 11 days removed from my positive test. Covid is an excellent weight loss tool to trim down before those holiday parties. I never lost taste or smell but my appetite was sated on a single meal daily for the first five days. Five or six days in I started to bounce back and had one of those day where I must have taken in 4000 calories. I had a mountain of Thai food delivered and just housed it like a stray dog. That said, I am still feeling it. It's hard to put a finger on it. I haven't had a drop to drink since I left Dublin yet I feel like I do when I've been overdoing it. I'm sort of stiff and achy. I also feel sort of dehydrated with the tight muscles despite drinking 5-6 pints daily alone with a couple of cups of tea. Feeling better every day but I'm not there yet. I'm grateful I had four shots in me.
Image

Post Reply