Our favorite pubs that we wish we could go to...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Our favorite pubs that we wish we could go to...

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 12:52am
Hoping this one will be able to figure out a way to actually get reopned soon. I've had a drink with one or two of you here: the Dillon Tiki Bar. Run by a local brewery at the town marina, great views, decent drinks, mediocre food and you'll know at least half the crowd as everyone local has a drink there in the summer.
Looks like my kind of place!!!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 10:09pm
Rachel Maddow beat me at pool once at Packards in Northampton. Also in Northampton was Joe's Cafe which has good bar pizza.
I love it. Was that before she got big?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
Hoping this one will be able to figure out a way to actually get reopned soon. I've had a drink with one or two of you here: the Dillon Tiki Bar. Run by a local brewery at the town marina, great views, decent drinks, mediocre food and you'll know at least half the crowd as everyone local has a drink there in the summer.
Is this during the two weeks when it isn't snowing?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:22am
Flex wrote:
Yeah, it's 2 pretty nice weeks.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:32am
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
I think we had lunch/beers there back in...2013 or 14.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:32am
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Looks nice. It's also nice the other 50 weeks.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
I hope you don't run into my aunt there.

Here's my favorite local haunt. Chuck Berry used to play there monthly until right up before he died, and VH and I met there. Blueberry Hill.

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy