The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 8:58pm
Who the fuck says "flapjacks" ?

Ive traveled over a good portion of this country and eaten at lots of diners and such but never seen "flapjacks" on the menu nor heard a real human refer to them as such.
It's kinda funny that she's making the strip a lot more contemporary, but uses a term from a time when people worried about what the Kaiser is up to.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 9:26pm
revbob wrote:

Ive traveled over a good portion of this country and eaten at lots of diners and such but never seen "flapjacks" on the menu nor heard a real human refer to them as such.
It's kinda funny that she's making the strip a lot more contemporary, but uses a term from a time when people worried about what the Kaiser is up to.
Yeah I dont even thi.k its a regional term.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:

I believe there's a flapjack joint in the heart of Manhattan.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In the end, flapjacks and coffee are the panacea that we require. (Actually, I can't be too snotty about this. On those rare occasions when I'm traveling, I always get the same breakfast—pancakes, scrambled eggs, OJ, and coffee. I pretend I'm going to get something else, but nope.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

All this flapjack / pancake talk got me motivated to search a bit, I always assumed they were one in the same, but it would appear they are actually two somewhat different breakfast foods.

https://www.differencebetween.com/diffe ... 20fillings.
Attachments
Difference-Between-Flapjacks-and-Pancakes-Tabular-Form.jpg
Difference-Between-Flapjacks-and-Pancakes-Tabular-Form.jpg (135.37 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, son of a bitch! This changes everything. Well, maybe not everything, but something, I would imagine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 8:35am
In the end, flapjacks and coffee are the panacea that we require. (Actually, I can't be too snotty about this. On those rare occasions when I'm traveling, I always get the same breakfast—pancakes, scrambled eggs, OJ, and coffee. I pretend I'm going to get something else, but nope.)
Ive been disappointed too many times either by the pancakes or a place not offering real maple syrup. So npw its eggs over easy, bacon, home fries or hash browns with wheat toast with water or tea to drink.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 1:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ive been disappointed too many times either by the pancakes or a place not offering real maple syrup. So npw its eggs over easy, bacon, home fries or hash browns with wheat toast with water or tea to drink.
I don't think I've ever been disappointed by pancakes. And I'm easy going on syrup—it's all good. I'm basically a diner breakfast hippie, man.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 1:05pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't think I've ever been disappointed by pancakes. And I'm easy going on syrup—it's all good. I'm basically a diner breakfast hippie, man.
Im speechless but then you're from one of those western provinces.

Ive had pancakes not properly cooked all the way thru, which is pretty disgusting .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:lol: You're basically from Taxachusetts, so you're probably spitting on a flag while performing an abortion while you type.
Ive had pancakes not properly cooked all the way thru, which is pretty disgusting .
I think only my mother ever did that (not on purpose, mind you; she wasn't a gifted cook).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 1:22pm
revbob wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:lol: You're basically from Taxachusetts, so you're probably spitting on a flag while performing an abortion while you type.
That's our daily routine here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm guessing/hoping this means the "crickets are land shrimp" story is done and we never hear about Cricket Bro and the Herpy Derp Gang again. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about beyond another figure from Mark's past and something to do with software code being liberated. That stupid forest fire story from last year really doesn't seem that bad now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 8:15pm
I'm guessing/hoping this means the "crickets are land shrimp" story is done and we never hear about Cricket Bro and the Herpy Derp Gang again. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about beyond another figure from Mark's past and something to do with software code being liberated. That stupid forest fire story from last year really doesn't seem that bad now.
This story has been beyond idiotic. All these full time cosplay characters is just dumb and if anyone thinks people wouldn't refer to it for real as the Herpes Hacienda is fooling themselves. I want to punch somebody because there was a character named Cricket Bro.

Im having a shitty evening so excuse my venting.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mark and Cherry are confused as to how Rusty made his way home after abandoning him in the forest 100 miles away. Next time put him in a weighted bag and drop him in the lake.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is anyone still keeping up with Mark Trail? I check in every 3 or 4 days now, and it is just deathly dull. No energy and nothing even to make fun of. I have no idea what she's trying to do or who the target audience is.