The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 8:10am
Panel 1: Phone says something.
Panel 2: Compound says something
Panel 3: Phone says something.

I can appreciate Bill's confusion at the end. How are inanimate objects communicating in human language? And where did that giant squirrel find the giant nut? Who cares about this stupid award, the world has gone mad!
Mark's not goong to the awards ceremony? This will be a scandal that rocks the very foundation of the wildlife magazine community and could ultimately lead to a Kelly Welly expose on Mark's harboring of a nazi war criminal Doc the Butcher Davis known for animal experimentation. Doctor Davis was in charge of the little known nazi huge animal experiments. He had plans to create an army of giant squirrels (that while seemingly cute and innocent looking) could wipe out the crops in the allied nations in a matter of days.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 8:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I can appreciate Bill's confusion at the end. How are inanimate objects communicating in human language? And where did that giant squirrel find the giant nut? Who cares about this stupid award, the world has gone mad!
Mark's not goong to the awards ceremony? This will be a scandal that rocks the very foundation of the wildlife magazine community and could ultimately lead to a Kelly Welly expose on Mark's harboring of a nazi war criminal Doc the Butcher Davis known for animal experimentation. Doctor Davis was in charge of the little known nazi huge animal experiments. He had plans to create an army of giant squirrels (that while seemingly cute and innocent looking) could wipe out the crops in the allied nations in a matter of days.
Or Andy will pull thru and Mark will go and collects his award and everyone will praise him as the Fitzgerald of nature writing. The end. *sigh*
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 9:01am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Or Andy will pull thru and Mark will go and collects his award and everyone will praise him as the Fitzgerald of nature writing. The end. *sigh*
Mark is looking REALLY depressed. Is he ok?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 1:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He's wondering whether Harvey Camel is actually dead.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 5:44am
Kory wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 1:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He's wondering whether Harvey Camel is actually dead.
I look forward to the day Dr Camel and his yeti companion (who nursed him back to health) go to Lost Forest to exact revenge.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I feel like Bill is a major jerk. Why can't he just understand that Mark is in a really bad place right now? Can't he go and accept the major award on Mark's behalf? Is the owner of the woods going to be so upset that he sells everything off to the next logging company that comes knocking? Also, what's with the phrase "the owner of the woods and wildlife will be there to congratulate you personally"? Does the guy own the woods and THE wildlife? Or is Bill saying the owner of the woods AND wildlife, as in there will be a special seating section for squirrels and deer and raccoons (but not those darned wild dogs)?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Love the dumb powerplay the boss is making. This isn't about some dumbass award that nobody cares about—it's not a Grammy for best kid's album, you know!—it's about cracking the whip to make sure Mark knows who's in charge. The moment employees start thinking of themselves as anything but company property, that's when the Soviet tanks start rolling thru Omaha. So it's your stupid dog, Mark, or it's Russian ballet dancers ruling Dallas.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 7:33am
Love the dumb powerplay the boss is making. This isn't about some dumbass award that nobody cares about—it's not a Grammy for best kid's album, you know!—it's about cracking the whip to make sure Mark knows who's in charge. The moment employees start thinking of themselves as anything but company property, that's when the Soviet tanks start rolling thru Omaha. So it's your stupid dog, Mark, or it's Russian ballet dancers ruling Dallas.
Yeah Mark should go work for Wildlife and Woods, or Brooks and Valleys.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 7:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Or Hustler. "In this issue, Mark Trail searches for the shaved beavers of Miami Beach!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 9:29am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Or Hustler. "In this issue, Mark Trail searches for the shaved beavers of Miami Beach!"
Mark is still confused why his submissions of the striped Eurasian beaver keep being rejected. Cherry has offered to help but Mark always laughs it off. "Oh Cherry what do you know about hunting for beaver? Hey are the pancakes ready yet?"

Cherry to herself...if you you ever came to any of Sue's "book club" meetings youd see how much I know.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 9:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 9:29am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mark is still confused why his submissions of the striped Eurasian beaver keep being rejected. Cherry has offered to help but Mark always laughs it off. "Oh Cherry what do you know about hunting for beaver? Hey are the pancakes ready yet?"

Cherry to herself...if you you ever came to any of Sue's "book club" meetings youd see how much I know.
Mark: "I'd really like to know why she calls the meetings 'Taco Tuesday.'"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I read Panel 3 in Charlie Brown's "I got a rock" voice and started laughing. Anyway, thanks a lot, you stupid cat for showing up and starting the chain of events that leads to Mark losing his job and eventually going on a killing spree.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 7:43am
I read Panel 3 in Charlie Brown's "I got a rock" voice and started laughing. Anyway, thanks a lot, you stupid cat for showing up and starting the chain of events that leads to Mark losing his job and eventually going on a killing spree.
I said, GOOD DAY, SIR!!!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Cherry laughing in the background in panel 2?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 8:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Cherry laughing in the background in panel 2?
I think she's turned on by Mark's display of fortitude, but by Panel 3 whatever feelings might have stirred are clearly shut down by Mark's whining.

Also, Mark and the shady magazine guy have the same model of generic corded black phone.