The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 8:30am
revbob wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 8:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 7:56am
It's Mark and Cherry Trail vs. The HOA!
Get Rusty and make a bik bok about it that will right any wrongs.
You do know that there's an excellent chance that happens. Some kind of social media war involving Bik Bok and Spitter and Spacebook. Will Mark regret not heeding Harvey Camel's counsel?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Will Mark regret not heeding Harvey Camel's counsel?
As opposed to leaving him to die in a snowstorm?
Luckily there's no evidence to prove that in court.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 1:08pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wasn't that so out of character for Mark and the strip in general? Unless the plan really was to bring him back at some point. Mark was so nonchalant about the whole thing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 2:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 1:08pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wasn't that so out of character for Mark and the strip in general? Unless the plan really was to bring him back at some point. Mark was so nonchalant about the whole thing.
There was a blog post where the author, a critic of the old writer, said that he was the basis for Harvey, so the whole narrative was a spiteful fuck you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is kinda nice.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

This is just dumb.
"He doesn't deserve that laptop" ?

I dont know the specs on it but Im pretty sure you can get same or similar for not too much money.

I keep hoping for something but no.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 May 2021, 9:50am

This is just dumb.
"He doesn't deserve that laptop" ?

I dont know the specs on it but Im pretty sure you can get same or similar for not too much money.

I keep hoping for something but no.
What if it's a Rapple Snackbook? It makes BikBok way better.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

This shit just gets dumber by the day.

Also why is the guy holding his phone like he has to speak into the mic when he has what looks like is a bluetooth earpiece in his ear?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2021, 10:42am

Also why is the guy holding his phone like he has to speak into the mic when he has what looks like is a bluetooth earpiece in his ear?
It's been so boring that I haven't found anything to be snarky about. The kids like the dull, I guess.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:05am
revbob wrote:

It's been so boring that I haven't found anything to be snarky about. The kids like the dull, I guess.
You dont deserve your laptop!!!

Its just ... I cant imagine who the audience should be. Herp Hacienda, Bik Bok, Cricket Bro, Lizard hip hop guy.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:05am
revbob wrote:

You dont deserve your laptop!!!

Its just ... I cant imagine who the audience should be. Herp Hacienda, Bik Bok, Cricket Bro, Lizard hip hop guy.
BIK BOOOOOOOOOK
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's been two months since the last post here. What's happened? Mark helped steal a laptop and upload some code, he did some boxing, and Cherry's at war with her HOA about plants and got her hillbilly brother who looks like he wears a fake beard to unleash feral hogs as revenge.

Annnnnyway, I'm far more intrigued by the cloaking technology of cars that is activated when turning off the headlights. Is this a standard feature on newer models?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 7:47am
It's been two months since the last post here. What's happened? Mark helped steal a laptop and upload some code, he did some boxing, and Cherry's at war with her HOA about plants and got her hillbilly brother who looks like he wears a fake beard to unleash feral hogs as revenge.

Annnnnyway, I'm far more intrigued by the cloaking technology of cars that is activated when turning off the headlights. Is this a standard feature on newer models?
I'll confess to still reading this for some unknown reason. Mark is hanging out with a bunch of adults with weird nicknames who cosplay as lizards and insects 24x7, and Cherry fancies herself as a budding earth first activist with the help of her anti gummint brother living off the grid.

I still say this should have been a totally new strip from the get go, let the old one die the tired death it deserved and call the new one something else and carry out your vision.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 8:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 7:47am

I'll confess to still reading this for some unknown reason. Mark is hanging out with a bunch of adults with weird nicknames who cosplay as lizards and insects 24x7, and Cherry fancies herself as a budding earth first activist with the help of her anti gummint brother living off the grid.

I still say this should have been a totally new strip from the get go, let the old one die the tired death it deserved and call the new one something else and carry out your vision.
I think she needs a writer. The art is mostly quite good but the storytelling is, to be kind, not compelling. Even if it's going to be more of a Dick Tracy kind of thing, the narrative fails to make me care what happens next.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Who the fuck says "flapjacks" ?

Ive traveled over a good portion of this country and eaten at lots of diners and such but never seen "flapjacks" on the menu nor heard a real human refer to them as such.