The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:08am
Seems silly after all this time to keep squatting in the nerd thread, so all our Mark Trail devotion can go here.

And let's start it off with a bold take on family:

Now, if I were writing the strip, this would be foreshadowing to Mark returning home and finding Cherry either in bed with Harvey Camel and/or Dirty Dyer, or dismembered and strewn about the compound.
Alister Crowley?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
21 May 2020, 11:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Seems silly after all this time to keep squatting in the nerd thread, so all our Mark Trail devotion can go here.

Now, if I were writing the strip, this would be foreshadowing to Mark returning home and finding Cherry either in bed with Harvey Camel and/or Dirty Dyer, or dismembered and strewn about the compound.
Alister Crowley?
Where, where!?!?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Alister Crowley?
Yes, so Kevin is to be a sacrificial virgin. Not the usual victim but times are tough and a virgin is a virgin, its human sacrifice after all (after a few months of servitude. ). Satan understands.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 1:10pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Alister Crowley?
Yes, so Kevin is to be a sacrificial virgin. Not the usual victim but times are tough and a virgin is a virgin, its human sacrifice after all (after a few months of servitude. ). Satan understands.
The fact that Kevin spent his first few years unloved makes it even more delicious for our dark lord.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Others have noticed the change in art (how could you not): https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... mes-allen/
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2020, 2:14pm
Others have noticed the change in art (how could you not): https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... mes-allen/
It's all speculation, but that does give home that clip-art Trail will be back.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Indeed, Rusty, all those people who feared being incinerated by a forest fire, as well as animals that lost their nests and perhaps their lives. It was great, you monstrous Republican-in-training.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 May 2020, 7:46am
Indeed, Rusty, all those people who feared being incinerated by a forest fire, as well as animals that lost their nests and perhaps their lives. It was great, you monstrous Republican-in-training.
Mark looks sickly. And Geoff still comes off as creepy. "Let's go camping with some kids". Heck you might find a stray you can bring home. Surely Rusty could use a playmate and you and Cherry would have someone to keep up with "the chores".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 May 2020, 8:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mark looks sickly. And Geoff still comes off as creepy. "Let's go camping with some kids". Heck you might find a stray you can bring home. Surely Rusty could use a playmate and you and Cherry would have someone to keep up with "the chores".
Placed between the pervert and the psychopath, Mark looks pretty good here.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:46am
Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:42am
Yeah, just imagine Doc writing the strip and this person doing the art.
It'd be confusing. My Mark Trail has never left the 1950s. He's blocky like Ikea furniture and he hates smugglers, poachers, Communists, druggies, and injustice. All the roundness confuses him!
Adopt, adapt and improve...
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
22 May 2020, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:46am
Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:42am
Yeah, just imagine Doc writing the strip and this person doing the art.
It'd be confusing. My Mark Trail has never left the 1950s. He's blocky like Ikea furniture and he hates smugglers, poachers, Communists, druggies, and injustice. All the roundness confuses him!
Adopt, adapt and improve...
Punch, lecture, punch!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's funny how just changing the line to "...camping with THE kids" would have considerably lowered the creep factor.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 May 2020, 1:03pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's funny how just changing the line to "...camping with THE kids" would have considerably lowered the creep factor.
Yeah Im starting to consider some of the hypotheses in that article you posted yesterday

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 May 2020, 1:06pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah Im starting to consider some of the hypotheses in that article you posted yesterday
What would be funny about it being from Rusty's imagination, he's such a pud that he can't even be the hero of his story. He's still mostly going along with what better people—orphan Kevins!—do.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 May 2020, 1:10pm
revbob wrote:
22 May 2020, 1:06pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What would be funny about it being from Rusty's imagination, he's such a pud that he can't even be the hero of his story. He's still mostly going along with what better people—orphan Kevins!—do.
He's a broken kid, Mark barely lets him call him dad.