The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Seems silly after all this time to keep squatting in the nerd thread, so all our Mark Trail devotion can go here.

And let's start it off with a bold take on family:

Now, if I were writing the strip, this would be foreshadowing to Mark returning home and finding Cherry either in bed with Harvey Camel and/or Dirty Dyer, or dismembered and strewn about the compound.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:08am
Seems silly that after all this time to keep squatting in the nerd thread, so all our Mark Trail devotion can go here.

And let's start it off with a bold take on family:

Now, if I were writing the strip, this would be foreshadowing to Mark returning home and finding Cherry either in bed with Harvey Camel and/or Dirty Dyer, or dismembered and strewn about the compound.
Wow the artwork right. And everyone saying "I love my family". I guess if you dont say it you probably hate them. Also this kid Kevin is like you said a pound puppy. "We'll take thst little blonde kid with the gap teeth. Wait is he house broken and had all his shots?"

And Cherry is in a 3 way with Dirty Dyer and Kelly Welly.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Meanwhile, Harvey is trapped in a Yeti cave. We see two Yeti kids playing with what appears to be a prosthesic leg, while we hear him shouting from the back: "Noo, not the other one, too!"
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:42am
Wow the artwork right. And everyone saying "I love my family". I guess if you dont say it you probably hate them. Also this kid Kevin is like you said a pound puppy. "We'll take thst little blonde kid with the gap teeth. Wait is he house broken and had all his shots?"
Within three weeks, they'll regret their pity, "forget" to close the back door, and Kevin will be lost on streets again. Strangely, no lost posters will go up, no police report filed.
This could be good …
Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:53am
Meanwhile, Harvey is trapped in a Yeti cave. We see two Yeti kids playing with what appears to be a prosthesic leg, while we hear him shouting from the back: "Noo, not the other one, too!"
But the likes on his Facebook page make him pause to think it might all be worth it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:59am
revbob wrote:
Within three weeks, they'll regret their pity, "forget" to close the back door, and Kevin will be lost on streets again. Strangely, no lost posters will go up, no police report filed.
This could be good …
Olaf wrote:
But the likes on his Facebook page make him pause to think it might all be worth it.
Genuine LOL

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 9:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:59am
revbob wrote:
This could be good …
Olaf wrote:
Genuine LOL
Yeah, Medulla knocks it out of the park!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I still think Kevin looks like a Garbage Pail Kid.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 May 2020, 9:32am
The artwork is just so all kinds of fucked up. Mark in the first panel is all angular looking and then in the second panel he's been smoothed out and rounded.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 9:53am
WestwayKid wrote:
The artwork is just so all kinds of fucked up. Mark in the first panel is all angular looking and then in the second panel he's been smoothed out and rounded.
It's like each panel in every strip is being farmed out to different studios in the developing world.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:26am
revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 9:53am
WestwayKid wrote:
It's like each panel in every strip is being farmed out to different studios in the developing world.
Exactly. And the person doing the art has no idea what the dialog will be.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Yeah, just imagine Doc writing the strip and this person doing the art.
Attachments
Internet_20200521_163153.jpeg
Internet_20200521_163153.jpeg (52.42 KiB) Viewed 12120 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:42am
It'd be confusing. My Mark Trail has never left the 1950s. He's blocky like Ikea furniture and he hates smugglers, poachers, Communists, druggies, and injustice. All the roundness confuses him!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:42am
Nice beaver. :shifty:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I want a story arc where Johnny Malotte is running guns, drugs, and women across the border. A 1950's vintage speedboat or 2 must be featured.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 May 2020, 11:18am
I want a story arc where Johnny Malotte is running guns, drugs, and women across the border. A 1950's vintage speedboat or 2 must be featured.
Johnny and Mark could act out the Quebec/Vermont maple syrup feud that has kept revbob and I from establishing diplomatic ties.