The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 3:28pm
I think you're off-base, tho, re. Allen's departure. It was announced that he was leaving—"by mutual agreement," ho ho—after he posted on Twitter(?) some crass comments about AOC. If it was about his approach not being viable, the syndicate would have let him finish that heroin actor storyline rather than just run that "Mark chooses dog over award" story. He got canned because corporate media has concluded non-knuckledraggers are a better demographic to pursue. JR's hiring would also seem evidence to that point, too.
Ah, I didn't catch that part of the kerfluffle, I just saw the immediate mutual consent stuff and assumed it was readership-driven. I guess the readers lamenting that rivera "obviously doesn't watch fox news" (as per today's comment thread) are still playing catch-up.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I guess if I want social commentary comics I tend to look elsewhere.

I'm not knocking her but right now it all seems so forced and as WWK said 90s.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

I miss the talking animals and buildings.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 9:42pm
I miss the talking animals and buildings.
We all do, man. :cry:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Happy Trail Farms is where the whole giant animal experiments started.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 8:55am

Mark, in fact, was once a dog.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 9:18am
revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 8:55am

Mark, in fact, was once a dog.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This better start happening!

(Tho the juxtaposition of Mark's crotch and those trees make it look like he has a spiked dong. That goes so contrary to the Ken doll Trail crotch that speaks to the radical remake of the strip.)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is Amy playing Mark or is she really that dumb not to make the connection? And if she's playing him, why?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:21am
Is Amy playing Mark or is she really that dumb not to make the connection? And if she's playing him, why?
So...is Marcus "Happy" Trail III supposed to be Mark's dad? I'm assuming our Mark Trail must be Marcus Trail IV? Also, Mark has taken on bad dudes for decades, handing out much punching justice. Are we to believe that he's allowed his family to harm the environment?? I mean come on, Mark just won a major award. He cares about the little animals and the pristine forests.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So...is Marcus "Happy" Trail III supposed to be Mark's dad? I'm assuming our Mark Trail must be Marcus Trail IV? Also, Mark has taken on bad dudes for decades, handing out much punching justice. Are we to believe that he's allowed his family to harm the environment?? I mean come on, Mark just won a major award. He cares about the little animals and the pristine forests.
Apparently he's been carrying/hiding a lot of guilt.

(Do people still say "made bank"? That seems to add to your observation that this all seems pretty 90s.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:35am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

(Do people still say "made bank"? That seems to add to your observation that this all seems pretty 90s.)
Ive never used the term but yeah very 90s.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I contend that while Jules Rivera has updated Mark and brought him out of the 50's...she only brought him and his gang as far as maybe 1996. I guarantee Mark is going to be listening to Sister Hazel on his Sony Discman very soon.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:55am
revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I contend that while Jules Rivera has updated Mark and brought him out of the 50's...she only brought him and his gang as far as maybe 1996. I guarantee Mark is going to be listening to Sister Hazel on his Sony Discman very soon.
Mark and the boys from Slipknot go after some falcon poachers. And the evidence is on a minidisc!