Show off your hats!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Show off your hats!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inspired by RevBobs new hat, I have created a hat thread.

Here is my current rotation:
Attachments
HATS.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Show off your hats!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Love the old 'Spos hat—I should get one. I have a Red Sox cap that started out navy blue and is now Trot Nixon grey from sweat and sun. I think the Boss got it in Boston in '08 because I told her she'd need a hat sitting in the bleachers. I inherited it after the game. After a dozen years, it's hard to give it up—its wretched condition seems earned.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

20200616_162015.jpg
Old Yankees, new Yankees, and Rockford Peaches hat which I can't wear anymore. Thanks, maggots.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20200615_163737.jpg
My newly acquired Golpanners hat.

Someone got my a Yankees hat years ago for a gift swap but it was way too small.

I mainly have like winter hats (including the infamous AT hat), several that the kids have lost over the years. I generally dont wear hats outside of the cold weather.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:13pm
Love the old 'Spos hat—I should get one. I have a Red Sox cap that started out navy blue and is now Trot Nixon grey from sweat and sun. I think the Boss got it in Boston in '08 because I told her she'd need a hat sitting in the bleachers. I inherited it after the game. After a dozen years, it's hard to give it up—its wretched condition seems earned.
I bought the Montreal & Pawtucket hats last we when I must have been bored with 3 beers in me, forgot about the two for one priced hat purchase, and then they arrived today. I am happy with both of them. I briefly entertained the tri-color Expos hat but chickened out.

BostonBeaneater

Mimi wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:21pm
20200616_162015.jpg
Old Yankees, new Yankees, and Rockford Peaches hat which I can't wear anymore. Thanks, maggots.
Is that a Rockford Peaches hat?

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:24pm
20200615_163737.jpg

Someone got my a Yankees hat years ago for a gift swap but it was way too small.

I mainly have like winter hats (including the infamous AT hat), several that the kids have lost over the years. I generally dont wear hats outside of the cold weather.
I'm into this hat but I'm more of an Anchorage Glacier Pilots fan.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 5:55pm
Mimi wrote:
20200616_162015.jpg
Yep. Got it in Copperstown.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:24pm
20200615_163737.jpg

I'm into this hat but I'm more of an Anchorage Glacier Pilots fan.
Another team with a good history. My uncle lived in Fairbanks when he wasn't up in the Artic Circle working on oil rigs and such so he was a Goldpanners fan. So Im keeping my allegiance in his honor.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If y'all are unaware of Ebbet's Field, they deal in reproductions of old minor league and Cuban and Negro League teams' gear. I've bought a couple jerseys and t-shirts from there, but they also do caps.
https://www.ebbets.com/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 7:15pm
If y'all are unaware of Ebbet's Field, they deal in reproductions of old minor league and Cuban and Negro League teams' gear. I've bought a couple jerseys and t-shirts from there, but they also do caps.
A friend of mine used to work for one of these places. Not sure if it was this one. He had a Diallo jersey with the #41 on it with bullet holes. Not sure who made it but it was a professional type jersey.

I got my son a Black Yankees hat when I visited the Negro Leagues museum.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 7:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
A friend of mine used to work for one of these places. Not sure if it was this one. He had a Diallo jersey with the #41 on it with bullet holes. Not sure who made it but it was a professional type jersey.

This one's based in Washington State, I believe. The jerseys are the heavy wool flannel, which means, curiously enough, you'd never want to wear them in the summer. Seriously, they're thick, but definitely high quality.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 7:40pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This one's based in Washington State, I believe. The jerseys are the heavy wool flannel, which means, curiously enough, you'd never want to wear them in the summer. Seriously, they're thick, but definitely high quality.
Yeah I wanna say that is who he worked for. Lost touch with him after he left NYC. He was another leftist baseball fanatic.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 7:40pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah I wanna say that is who he worked for. Lost touch with him after he left NYC. He was another leftist baseball fanatic.
(I have a Decatur Commies t-shirt from Ebbets, but not that one.)

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 6:48pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 5:55pm
Mimi wrote:
20200616_162015.jpg
Yep. Got it in Copperstown.
Hello,

Cooperstown? I've been a few times (it's near my family in upstate NY). Really cool little village. The Baseball Hall of Fame is a great visit.