RIP 101 Walterton

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: RIP 101 Walterton

Post by Kory »

A huge loss for all of us—such a positive contributor to the community. I hope his family is ok.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Oh shit. He and I had our fights on here, but like everyone on this site he was essentially extended family in my brain. RIP.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Absolutely awful news, so very sad. He definitely didn’t let on at all, not even in any PMs. I used to ask about his daughter, he was so incredibly proud of her amazing progress. I will be cheering her on even more now. RIP Barny.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

In total shock reading this terrible news, such a nice and decent bloke. He will be missed greatly.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Just found this in a PM. I hope he and PH are enjoying a drink now.

“ I’ve not met an IMCTer yet but Marky and I grew up 15 miles apart and would have crossed paths on many occasions especially at local gigs, football and fights in the Reading shopping mall 😂
Purple Hayes and I lived a couple miles apart in West London in mid 80’s and drank in the same pubs. One in particular White Hart was both our local.
Spooky.”

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

laxman wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 3:00pm
Just found this in a PM. I hope he and PH are enjoying a drink now.

“ I’ve not met an IMCTer yet but Marky and I grew up 15 miles apart and would have crossed paths on many occasions especially at local gigs, football and fights in the Reading shopping mall 😂
Purple Hayes and I lived a couple miles apart in West London in mid 80’s and drank in the same pubs. One in particular White Hart was both our local.
Spooky.”
Two great fellas who left us too soon.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Oh my god! I am in shock! Beofre Covid we had plans to see Madness in LA. This is awful. So sad for his family. :cry:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Shocked and saddened to hear this. Read many of his posts over the years. He seemed a really good guy with a fantastic two tone collection. RIP.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I loved our ongoing spat about the merits of the later SLF albums. I always knew when I posted about how great Now Then was, his withering reply would be lodged not long afterwards.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 2:08pm
matedog wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 1:59pm
Holy shit, this is really awful. I did some research and found his daughter's Instagram. Apparently he had a long battle with cancer. I really hope I didn't miss him mentioning it here, but that comes as a complete surprise to me.

Has anyone reached out to his family? I was thinking of sending something on behalf of all of us to his daughter to pass on to his family if everyone is okay with that.

Oof, he was one of the regulars. Like everyone here, I've chatted with him probably more than most people in my life over the last 14 years.
I can't recall him ever mentioning it, it's a shame he never got the chance to say goodbye, though maybe that would have been worse. And yes, that's a good idea, though I don't know if he may have liked his presence on the board to be something private. He never hooked up with anyone from the board on FB etc. I'd hate my family to scroll through the bullshit I've wrote on here when I pass away. But do what you think is apt.
Yeah never thought of it from that perspective. I think most if not all he ever posted was pretty harmless but yeah who knows.

I know when my dad passed I got to read something his oldest friend had written they were life long buddies from grade school. It was great to read about some of their exploits from childhood thru college. No doubt there was stuff left out but it gave me a different/better perspective of my father.

But sometimes it is best to err on the side of caution.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Just to echo the general shock and sadness here. This awful news really knocked me for six and i only came to be aware of him so very recently compared to most here so i can only imagine what people must be feeling. RIP.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wally was always one of the most gracious and well-meaning people I've met, not even just on this site. Like Wolt or one or two others, we've had our share of jawing, but it was all in the way that good friends or family have from time to time. He was a truly kind and decent person by every account and interaction I've had. Just genuinely decent and a pleasure to have in your life. God, this is horrible.

Addendum: in terms of reaching out to family, I'll leave it to the discretion of those with more ability to do that than I, but I think the body of evidence he left behind on this site is wholly in his favor in terms of being well remembered.
Last edited by Flex on 07 Oct 2020, 4:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I am sitting here trying to take it in. What a shame for his family. I, along with everyone here I'm guessing, had no idea. Given what I knew of him, he wouldn't want us to know. It's a testament to his character that he "wouldn't want to burden us" with the knowledge he had been battling cancer - as others have stated, I wish I had the chance to thank him for his friendship. I'm still stunned.

RIP, good man.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Found these pictures while leafing through some old threads.
Attachments
929447D1-BFC0-4B47-AAAB-911B9D7B6F58.png
929447D1-BFC0-4B47-AAAB-911B9D7B6F58.png (558.49 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
20201007_225233.jpg
20201007_225233.jpg (113.51 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

From the show us your mug thread