Any of you ever ordered glasses online?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Any of you ever ordered glasses online?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 3:00pm
WestwayKid wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 9:47am
Mimi wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 4:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 3:36pm
Mimi wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 11:48am

Wow. That is expensive. Zenni seems to be cheap, but it might be a bait and switch. I'll dig deeper into Frames Direct and see if I can find something. I had never heard of this site so thankies.
Most of that was for my lenses. I’m blind.
Same. I see you. You're blurry, but I see you.
This sounds like me. My prescription hasn't changed much in the past decade, but this year my near vision declined. I had just turned 43 and my eye doctor said most people hit a point in their early 40's when their near vision starts going (I'm near sighted)...so progressive lenses are in my future.
Yeah. Mine basically told me “this happens to pretty much everyone. You can either do reading glasses or progressive lenses.” I chose the latter after unofficially doing the former for about 6 months.
I just hold the book to my face.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Any of you ever ordered glasses online?

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 9:01pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 3:00pm
WestwayKid wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 9:47am
Mimi wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 4:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 3:36pm

Most of that was for my lenses. I’m blind.
Same. I see you. You're blurry, but I see you.
This sounds like me. My prescription hasn't changed much in the past decade, but this year my near vision declined. I had just turned 43 and my eye doctor said most people hit a point in their early 40's when their near vision starts going (I'm near sighted)...so progressive lenses are in my future.
Yeah. Mine basically told me “this happens to pretty much everyone. You can either do reading glasses or progressive lenses.” I chose the latter after unofficially doing the former for about 6 months.
I just hold the book to my face.
If I did that I couldn’t see it. Without my glasses I have about a two inch window about a foot from my face that I can sort of read a clear font of reasonable size if I hold it just right. Any closer/farther it’s completely illegible at almost any non-enormous size. With my non-progressive lenses? Even worse up close.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"