MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 10:46pm
Zero percent surprised by that, but disgusted all the same. It takes a helluva effort for a member of the 2004 team to become a pariah in New England, and yet he's done it with room to spare.
I hate him so much now and I hate that I hate him so much
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Zero percent surprised by that, but disgusted all the same. It takes a helluva effort for a member of the 2004 team to become a pariah in New England, and yet he's done it with room to spare.
I've basically always hated him and he's proven himself to be a complete asshole. What is amazing though is how he tops himself each time. He raises the bar and surpasses it. If there's an Asshole Hall of Fame he's a unanimous first ballot.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 11:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've basically always hated him and he's proven himself to be a complete asshole. What is amazing though is how he tops himself each time. He raises the bar and surpasses it. If there's an Asshole Hall of Fame he's a unanimous first ballot.
I don't give that much of a fuck about the Baseball Hall of Fame—I have my preferences and all that, but it's not that important to me—but I will be seriously pissed off and soured on the sport if that walking cancer is elected.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 4:49pm
So, Inder, how you feeling now?
Springer's a good get, even if he's a filthy cheater. Not sure what happened with everyone getting Brantley wrong — some speculation that he gave Houston a chance to match or beat the Jays' offer while the media was busy jumping the gun.

Still hoping for a non-Bauer starter signing and/or Realmuto, but Yates and Big George are solid moves. 😎

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 12:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 4:49pm
So, Inder, how you feeling now?
Springer's a good get, even if he's a filthy cheater. Not sure what happened with everyone getting Brantley wrong — some speculation that he gave Houston a chance to match or beat the Jays' offer while the media was busy jumping the gun.

Still hoping for a non-Bauer starter signing and/or Realmuto, but Yates and Big George are solid moves. 😎
Short of a crap-ton of injuries, a wild card spot seems safe, maybe even second place, depending on how Tampa deals with losing a couple of its SPs (I'm assuming the Yankees win the division). Beat the Yankees is all I ask. :cool:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hank Aaron dead at 86
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 11:37am
Hank Aaron dead at 86
And Schilling is still alive? That sucks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Damn. His modesty and commitment to civil rights and basic human decency made him the kind of athlete you want to cheer for.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 11:46am
Damn. His modesty and commitment to civil rights and basic human decency made him the kind of athlete you want to cheer for.
Yeah pretty rare.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Someone posted this on SoSH. Um, to these pearl-clutching voters, it's not like this is some huge revelation about that asshole. They knew they were voting for a racist, paranoid fascist, and they decided it didn't matter. That's on them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 12:41pm

Someone posted this on SoSH. Um, to these pearl-clutching voters, it's not like this is some huge revelation about that asshole. They knew they were voting for a racist, paranoid fascist, and they decided it didn't matter. That's on them.
While Im not surprised, I am further disgusted with him and I never held him in very high regard

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 3:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 12:41pm

While Im not surprised, I am further disgusted with him and I never held him in very high regard
I never had a problem when he played. He was conservative, but most athletes are, and his frank talk was kinda refreshing from the canned banalities that most athletes use (think of St. Jetes—one of the most boring people to be interviewed). It was after his playing days that he went from conservative to loco fascist. Something happened to him—I don't think you can hide that—and I don't especially care what. But he's pissed away his reputation and accomplishments on the field by becoming a white supremacist.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob
Unknown Immortal