MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A's hire Jamie Kotsay's husband to be manager.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Being a life-long Mets fan who was born the same year they were, i'm not sure Buck Showalter is the answer.
He can't possibly be worse than what we've had the last few years, which is not really saying all that much. Rojas (the most recent manager) wasn't terrible, but he wasn't very good either. Terry Collins, bless his grumpy foul-mouthed heart, he is just too old (right, LaRussa?) for the gig now. They DID need a different voice, and now they sure do have one.
Is he too old-school for today's game, today's players? And i'm not talking analytics either.
One thing about Buck had always been you'd get the feeling that he always believed he was the smartest person in the room and that nobody else knew as much as he did.
That arrogance might have worked with the Yankees back in the day, but things are different now. I hope that Buck has changed a bit as well. Hopefully managing the Orioles and getting hammered those last few years has given him some lessons on dealing with people in a less arrogant way.
We shall see.
The Mets media is all gung-ho over the hire.
Me, not so much. I will wait and see. Hope for the best, I mean, it is possible he is exactly the voice/influence they need, as the Mets media is preaching, bit i'm also preparing for the worst because, after all, its the Mets.
But unlike other eras, at least these days they are trying.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Watching game 6 of 2009 WS. It brings back so many memories but it's painfully obvious that the Yankees haven't played like this since.

Also, Chase Utley is still gross.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 2:22pm
Watching game 6 of 2009 WS. It brings back so many memories but it's painfully obvious that the Yankees haven't played like this since.
They lack that Jeterian quality common to all teams with Derek Jeter.
His most significant achievement was breaking that Met's leg with an asshole slide, which led to MLB changing the rule on sliding, which also got rid of the stupid neighbourhood rule on outs at second.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 2:42pm
Mimi wrote:
His most significant achievement was breaking that Met's leg with an asshole slide, which led to MLB changing the rule on sliding, which also got rid of the stupid neighbourhood rule on outs at second.
I think that's it

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 3:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think that's it
You look at these Yankees teams and do you think calm eyes? You don't win championships without that.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 3:27pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think that's it
You look at these Yankees teams and do you think calm eyes? You don't win championships without that.
Aaron Judge has some words for you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 4:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 3:27pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think that's it
Aaron Judge has some words for you.
Calm eyes always beat out monster chompers. Read your New Testament! :naughty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

MLB Network is showing the 9th inning of the Pine Tar Game. Billy Martin may have been impossible to work with and loathed by many (most?) of his own players, but he was constantly looking for an edge on the field. As sharp a baseball mind as there ever was.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 4:03pm
Keep Weller from the cyanide: https://www.nj.com/mets/2022/01/ex-mets ... -says.html
The Metsiest possible move, lmao
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Keep Weller from the cyanide: https://www.nj.com/mets/2022/01/ex-mets ... -says.html
Lets hope the Bosox make a better offer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 5:09pm
Flex wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Lets hope the Bosox make a better offer.
Head scout for all of Antarctica, with a free snowmobile.