MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 7:16pm
Red Sox have a prospect named...Jeter

https://www.overthemonster.com/platform ... eter-downs
In a trade for a guy named Mookie. It's the slow exorcising of ghosts via the roster.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fuckface Schilling falls short in the HoF balloting (nobody gets elected this year)!

Next up, he organizes some goons to take Cooperstown.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 7:27pm
Fuckface Schilling falls short in the HoF balloting (nobody gets elected this year)!

feels appropriate that no one gets in this year.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 7:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 7:27pm

feels appropriate that no one gets in this year.
Less unworthy assholes sharing the stage with St. Derek of Jetes. :cool:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Gee, that's a shame.

No candidate reaches 75 percent for the Hall of Fame. Curt Schilling, who made his MLB debut with the Orioles in 1988, gets closest with 71.1 percent. He falls 16 votes short. One more shot for him next year.

BostonBeaneater

The worst thing about this is that Schilling did better than the PED guys. I like drugs way more than I like Nazis.* It's not even close.

*the Nazi likely was/is on dope.

Hall of Fame voting:
Curt Schilling -- 285 votes (71.1 pct)
Barry Bonds -- 248 (61.8)
Roger Clemens -- 247 (61.6)
Scott Rolen -- 212 (52.9)
Omar Vizquel -- 197 (49.1)
Billy Wagner -- 186 (46.4)
Todd Helton -- 180 (44.9)
Gary Sheffield -- 163 (40.6)

BostonBeaneater

What universe do you live in where you vote for Schilling and not Clemens. I hate people.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 11:30pm
Gee, that's a shame.

No candidate reaches 75 percent for the Hall of Fame. Curt Schilling, who made his MLB debut with the Orioles in 1988, gets closest with 71.1 percent. He falls 16 votes short. One more shot for him next year.
Its a shame he got the most votes and so close, expect him to double down on being an insufferable racist asshole.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Luckily, he's gotta be toast now. Only 1 more year of eligibility and his brand is even more toxic now than when votes were cast (not that it's excusable that so many voted for him this year at all)
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater

Flex wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 11:53pm
Luckily, he's gotta be toast now. Only 1 more year of eligibility and his brand is even more toxic now than when votes were cast (not that it's excusable that so many voted for him this year at all)
What a total douche bag...
In his letter to the Hall of Fame, Schilling cited the pressure and scrutiny on himself and his family as the main reason for his request. Schilling’s wife is undergoing chemotherapy.

“I’ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player,” Schilling wrote. “I don’t think I’m a hall of famer as I’ve often stated but if former players think I am then I’ll accept that with honor. …

“As I’ve stated often over the past years to those I’ve spoken with in my heart I am at peace. Nothing, zero, none of the claims being made by any of the writers hold merit. In my 22 years playing professional baseball in the most culturally diverse locker rooms in sports I’ve never said or acted in any capacity other than being a good teammate.”

Schilling said he has been “exposed” to racism, sexism and homophobia “as it’s part of who human beings are.”

“Even the thought of responding to claims of ‘nazi’ or ‘racist’ or any other term so watered down and rendered meaningless by spineless cowards who have never met me makes me ill,” Schilling wrote. “In modern times responding to such drivel somehow validates the claim.”

Schilling wrote that he was “mentally done.”

“The game has made it clear it does not want me back and that’s fine, the game owes me exactly nothing,” he wrote. “It gave a billion more times than it took and I’ll forever be deeply in debt to it. My desire to work with and teach young men the art of pitching will be tucked away.”

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Someone who writes that kind of pouty "principled" letter desperately wants to be in the HoF and now hopes hatred of the writers will persuade the veteran's committee. Vote for me, my equals, because I'm being victimized by the same unworthy elites who treat us so poorly. Standard right-wing position.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I finally agree with him:

“I don’t think I’m a hall of famer as I’ve often stated..."

Ive said all along he was borderline hof at best anyway. A long middling career topped off with a few good years.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 8:11am

Ive said all along he was borderline hof at best anyway. A long middling career topped off with a few good years.
His first several years were, at best, mediocre. I think it was Clemens who took him aside and told him to take his career and abilities seriously. Once he actually committed himself, he became an excellent pitcher, especially amidst the PED era. If not for everything else around him, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 8:49am
revbob wrote:

His first several years were, at best, mediocre. I think it was Clemens who took him aside and told him to take his career and abilities seriously. Once he actually committed himself, he became an excellent pitcher, especially amidst the PED era. If not for everything else around him, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.
To me its for a career of excellence not a few years when he felt like it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 10:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 8:49am
revbob wrote:

To me its for a career of excellence not a few years when he felt like it.
Do you penalize guys who hung around too long? I mean, Pedro wasn't all that good during his time with the Mets or Phillies.