MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

MLB 2021

Post by Inder »

DqjUks1WoAAahQv.gif
DqjUks1WoAAahQv.gif (7.86 MiB) Viewed 10640 times
Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Silent Majority »

Let's see what Spring Training will hold for Mike Minor.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kudos to Inder for honouring Ratty's launching of new MLB threads. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Absolutely appalling how the scam of publicly financed stadiums/arenas gets played out over and over and over again. But there's always tax dollars available to make rich companies—construction, entertainment, lodging—richer!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 10:20am
Absolutely appalling how the scam of publicly financed stadiums/arenas gets played out over and over and over again. But there's always tax dollars available to make rich companies—construction, entertainment, lodging—richer!
MLB kept insisting that we upgrade our local ball bark that has hosted a single A team for many years or they would move the team. Some upgrades were done but thankfully we didnt go the massive public funding route. There were those pushing to build a new waterfront stadium. That whole we need a new stadium or we'll move the team line was pushed in a lot of areas and now the rug's been pulled out from under so many places.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 10:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 10:20am
MLB kept insisting that we upgrade our local ball bark that has hosted a single A team for many years or they would move the team. Some upgrades were done but thankfully we didnt go the massive public funding route. There were those pushing to build a new waterfront stadium. That whole we need a new stadium or we'll move the team line was pushed in a lot of areas and now the rug's been pulled out from under so many places.
Privatize the gain, socialize the pain—same as it ever was.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Jays' offseason so far:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 4:06pm
Jays' offseason so far:

Just came to post my condolences. Gotta assume the Mets will try to keep him from free agency, too. Who's the next hopeful, Springer?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Sounds like the Jays could have outbid the Mets but decided to hang on to their prospects for now. Would have made sense if they had an extension in place, but would've been v risky if he's going to test FA.

They've been talking about LeMahieu, Realmuto, Springer, Bauer (ugh), Odorizzi and Jackie Bradley Jr. (plus some others), I believe. Really hope they don't sign Millennial Schilling-lite.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 5:27pm
Sounds like the Jays could have outbid the Mets but decided to hang on to their prospects for now. Would have made sense if they had an extension in place, but would've been v risky if he's going to test FA.

They've been talking about LeMahieu, Realmuto, Springer, Bauer (ugh), Odorizzi and Jackie Bradley Jr. (plus some others), I believe. Really hope they don't sign Millennial Schilling-lite.
Bauer was supposedly yapping about $40M a year. Which is laughable, but indicative of how loony his opening move is.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:

Who is that?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:18pm
Inder wrote:

Who is that?
Renowned asshole/birther/etc, Bauer. Also, sorry in advance to his cousin's brother-in-law who will find this thread in 2028.

Also also,

☠ ☠ ☠

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:22pm
revbob wrote:
Inder wrote:

Who is that?
Renowned asshole/birther/etc, Bauer. Also, sorry in advance to his cousin's brother-in-law who will find this thread in 2028.

Also also,

☠ ☠ ☠
Well, ownership is kinda hard up for cash. :yuck: (Seriously, tho, in terms of ownership and market—all of fucking Canada—there is no reason why the Jays shouldn't be toe-to-toe with the big guys in budget.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:36pm
Inder wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:22pm
revbob wrote:
Inder wrote:

Who is that?

Also also,

☠ ☠ ☠
Well, ownership is kinda hard up for cash. :yuck: (Seriously, tho, in terms of ownership and market—all of fucking Canada—there is no reason why the Jays shouldn't be toe-to-toe with the big guys in budget.)
Ive said it before there are no poor people owning baseball teams, some owners are willing to spend and others aren't.