MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: MLB 2021

Post by JennyB »

The Cards seem to be upholding their long standing tradition of using over the hill pitchers until they drop dead on the mound.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:14am
The Cards seem to be upholding their long standing tradition of using over the hill pitchers until they drop dead on the mound.
The Yankees tried that for a bit, it works about as well as you'd expect.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:38am
JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:14am
The Yankees tried that for a bit, it works about as well as you'd expect.
Don't worry, Cashman will swing a deal for some career spot starter with a lifetime 6.3 ERA and he'll reel off a dozen straight quality starts. A lot of excellent guys wash out in New York (e.g., Sonny Gray) but there's always a shitload of Aaron Smalls to piss me off.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 6:21am
Flex wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 9:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 9:34pm
Boston answers the question, “What if Cut the Crap were a city?”
yeah, cut the crap is great but unfairly maligned
Some people just long for the days when Whites (who happen to be racists with attitude) were more prominent and not erased.
I mean I always hate putting the racist label on Boston, considering every region in America still struggles with it. But yeah growing up in the area it’s wicked wicked racist bro. My neighborhood Dunkins only sells white powered donuts.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

On topic though, I definitely feel echoes of 2013 with this one. Hopefully if we win this time the entire roster won’t get gutted like usual.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 8:15am
On topic though, I definitely feel echoes of 2013 with this one. Hopefully if we win this time the entire roster won’t get gutted like usual.
They're in bridge mode, so I wouldn't expect a gutting like after 2018. If they somehow won (very unlikely), it'd be a fluke like 2013, which was also understood to be a bridge season. If I can be entertained and see some young guys step forward, I'll be happy. Plus the Yankees step on their dicks when it matters most.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, it's just two weeks into the season, but there is no way I would have taken the bet that the Red Sox would have the best record in the AL and the Yankees the worst. It does support the smell test, tho, that Cora is a very good manager and Boone is not.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 7:17pm
that was great, he got the 8-9-1 hitters in order, it was one more batter til Ohtani, which I really wanted to see
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

if you'd told me in March that we'd take 3 out of 4 in Minnesota and then split with the white stockings, i'd have been thrilled. and sure enough, i'm thrilled.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 1:29pm
if you'd told me in March that we'd take 3 out of 4 in Minnesota and then split with the white stockings, i'd have been thrilled. and sure enough, i'm thrilled.
I'm disappointed that Boston police didn't nail Tony for drunk driving, but you take what you can get.

(Also, if you watched any of the games, I guess nobody let Tony know that masks don't work if your nose is exposed. Every shot of the White Sox dugout, his mask covered only his mouth.)

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Just want to give a little shout out to the hometown club. Milwaukee pitching this season has been incredible. Corbin Burnes: ERA of 0.37 with 40 strikeouts and 0 walks. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, no pitcher has ever had that kind of start. They've dominated the red hot Padres the last 2 nights, including a 6-0 shutout last night. Their 5 man rotation is strong from top to bottom:

Brandon Woodruff: 26 strikeouts; 1.96 ERA
Corbin Burnes: 40 strikeouts; 0.37 ERA
Adrian Houser: 10 strikeouts; 3.14 ERA
Brett Anderson: 8 strikeouts; 2.65 ERA
Freddie Peralta: 31 strikeouts; 2:00 ERA

Josh Hader has been slinging fire to close out games.

The offense has been productive, helped by the comeback of Travis Shaw and by Christian Yelich playing like Christian Yelich again.

I know it's very early in the season, but we're a diehard fanbase that often hasn't had the team to match our passion...so when we do have it, we celebrate it!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 9:32am
Just want to give a little shout out to the hometown club. Milwaukee pitching this season has been incredible. Corbin Burnes: ERA of 0.37 with 40 strikeouts and 0 walks. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, no pitcher has ever had that kind of start.
He had one good season with the Clevelands.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 9:47am
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 9:32am
Just want to give a little shout out to the hometown club. Milwaukee pitching this season has been incredible. Corbin Burnes: ERA of 0.37 with 40 strikeouts and 0 walks. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, no pitcher has ever had that kind of start.
He had one good season with the Clevelands.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

The Jays are going to Leaf this up, aren't they +