MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: MLB 2021

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 10:46am
revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 10:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 9:08am
WestwayKid wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 8:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 7:15am

I'd like to find somebody to wager a large sum of money that Steve Carlton is refusing to be vaccinated.
Isn't he currently living off the grid?
Probably deep within a mountain thick with heavy elements that can block MK Ultra satellites.
Its the only way. Ive tried various off the shelf product and they dont work.
Makes me think of the husband of a friend of the Boss—he's known as Douchebag—is a stereotypical whacko conspiracy consumer (all the big ones—moon landing, Jews, chem trails, etc). He also says that all toothpastes contain mind control chemicals … except one (McLeans, I think it's called). So that's all he'll use. How does McLeans stay in business, with so much mind control tyranny stacked against it?
Because they changed their name from Ben Shimon to McLeans, obviously.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 10:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 10:46am
revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 10:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 9:08am
WestwayKid wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 8:55am

Isn't he currently living off the grid?
Probably deep within a mountain thick with heavy elements that can block MK Ultra satellites.
Its the only way. Ive tried various off the shelf product and they dont work.
Makes me think of the husband of a friend of the Boss—he's known as Douchebag—is a stereotypical whacko conspiracy consumer (all the big ones—moon landing, Jews, chem trails, etc). He also says that all toothpastes contain mind control chemicals … except one (McLeans, I think it's called). So that's all he'll use. How does McLeans stay in business, with so much mind control tyranny stacked against it?
Because they changed their name from Ben Shimon to McLeans, obviously.
If he knew he was using a … a … Hebrew toothpaste, he might choke on his aluminum foil.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 6:46am
It was a Ricardonian rescue!
https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-broadc ... 37061.html
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Javy Báez Wishes He’d Found More Tactful Way To Express Desire For All Mets Fans To Eat Shit And Die
NEW YORK—Admitting that it was not the most clear way of communicating, Mets second baseman Javier Báez told reporters Tuesday he wishes he had found a more tactful way to tell Mets fans that they should eat shit and die. “Those thumbs down were childish and unproductive, and I should have simply spoken up to let fans know they’re all useless pieces of shit that turned on us as soon as we started losing, and they can all rot in hell,” said Báez, who promised next time he got frustrated, he would be more straightforward and throw up the double bird or spit on a fan. “I should’ve communicated that each and every fan is a completely useless fucking slob and it is beneath me to debase myself for them. I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but I want to make it clear now that Mets fans are the dregs of the MLB, they deserve nothing, and I hope every single one of them dies a horrible, painful death.” At press time, Báez had tweeted a message of unity that both players and fans should be united in directing their ire towards the cowardly, short-sighted Mets management.
https://www.theonion.com/javy-baez-wish ... 1847592686

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

love it
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

She really chokes up
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Life-long Mets fan here, born the same year they were. I have stayed silent this season regarding them because while I liked the make-up of the team, I have felt there was something that just didn't add up. I had no idea what exactly but something just seemed off. They had a tremendous first half which certainly emboldened the fanbase but even at their height, I stayed silent. I was very happy with the success but there was just a feeling I had that they are not THAT good yet.
From what I've seen, when deGrom missed his second start in the second week of July, this team just sort of lost "that lovin' feeling" and they have been sliding backwards ever since. Sure, losing deGrom when he was having the best season yet (and he's had a few real good ones) was terrible, the team just couldn't pick him up for more than a week or two. The depth of the pitching was challenged by health issues, and the health issues won. These things happen. Losing your 2 top pitchers is a difficult thing for any team to overcome. But the real issue with the team was the offense. Alonso is a homegrown, top talent who isn't a pitcher the likes of which the Mets have not had very often, but every other "regular" of whom much was expected (or assumed) has not performed as well as expected. Jonathan Villar has been great for them with the bat, much better than anyone could have hoped for. People like to criticize Lindor but he's been solid defensively and after the early slump he's rebounded well. But the rest have been a real disappointment, McCann was being outhit by Tomas Nido for a while there, Conforto (who I like a lot) has just recently started getting some positive results but he's struggled badly this season, and to be fair, the Mets need everyone to contribute offensively to have any chance of success and this season they just haven't had it enough. Their numbers with runners in scoring position are horrible and while overall they don't give up a ton of runs, I think they are 4th in the NL, their runs scored is 14th in the NL and that's not good enough, especially minus your top 2 starting pitchers.
A lot of hope was in this season for us longtime Mets fans because we actually had (on paper) a pretty good team, adding Lindor and McCann, there was an upside we could see. Its not likely to happen at this point but it has been a fun ride so far.
As for Baez and that whole thumbs-down thing, I had zero problem with it. Just because fans pay to see the games doesn't give them the right to yell stuff at the players and things of that nature. The players are human too and they have every right in my opinion to express themselves just as fans express themselves. Fans who were "upset" over it are just looking for reasons to be angry because the season hasn't gone quite as expected. The real world is not some social media platform where someone can say stuff to others and not have to face the repercussions from their words. So .......
Let's Go Mets
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

weller259 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 8:34pm

Let's Go Mets
4 years in Queens really made me love the Mets.

BostonBeaneater

The Red Sox/Tampa Bay game that just ended was fantastic.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:01pm
I was streaming the radio broadcast in the hospital room, the little duder's first sox game :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater

Flex wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:39pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:01pm
I was streaming the radio broadcast in the hospital room, the little duder's first sox game :cool:
Well done and a mighty mighty congratulations to you and the bride!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Went to bed just as Nelson Cruz (who is somehow younger than me, yet seem thirty years older) hit the go-ahead RBI, but had a funny feeling there was a comeback brewing. Renfroe has the best arm in RF since Dewey Evans—just obscene, the combination of accuracy and velocity.

edit: Bizarre to look at the Red Sox, who have looked distinctly flat and non-contender since the ASB, yet if they were in the AL West or Central they'd be in sniffing distance of first.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Yankees trying to match their recent winning streak with an equivalent losing streak.