MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:20pm
Ha! Weird series that seemed like the Jays won eight straight by 12-0 scores, but in the end it was a split.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

He Made Sticky Stuff for MLB Pitchers for 15 Years. Now He's Speaking Out.

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2021/06/14/ ... aily-cover

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 6:42am

The Jose Canseco of sticky fingers. Everyone would laugh whenever Canseco would make some statement about steroids, then a few months later, shit, turns out he was right. Then forget that next time he says something about juicing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 8:18am
revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 6:42am

The Jose Canseco of sticky fingers. Everyone would laugh whenever Canseco would make some statement about steroids, then a few months later, shit, turns out he was right. Then forget that next time he says something about juicing.
Yeah nobody knows more about this than those involved.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 6:24am
Inder wrote:
Ted Lilly is still pitching?
The tv station used the really really bad 00s logo for some reason.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 6:37am
Inder wrote:
Ha! Weird series that seemed like the Jays won eight straight by 12-0 scores, but in the end it was a split.
Our bullpen is garbage/everyone is injured. Atkins, please send help.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 9:26am
Our bullpen is garbage/everyone is injured. Atkins, please send help.

Buck Showalter nods.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:09am

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:07pm
:lol: Reminds of the story of Pedro being interviewed by Sports Illustrated. He was asked about his bucket list or something like that and he said, "I want to fuck Sandra Bullock." Reminded that this was a kids magazine, he revised: "I want to sleep with Sandra Bullock."

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:29pm
Inder wrote:
:lol: Reminds of the story of Pedro being interviewed by Sports Illustrated. He was asked about his bucket list or something like that and he said, "I want to fuck Sandra Bullock." Reminded that this was a kids magazine, he revised: "I want to sleep with Sandra Bullock."
What a GOAT, apart from the regrettable Boston thing.

Lots of balls-adjacent content today:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:29pm
Inder wrote:
What a GOAT, apart from the regrettable Boston thing.

Lots of balls-adjacent content today:

George Carlin on two-way dirty words (words that you can't say on television—back in 1972, anyway—depending on context): You can say, "The batter has two balls on him," but you can't say, "I think he hurt his balls on that play."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Jays just hit into the most clusterfucky triple play of all time. Second and third, VladJr grounds out pitcher to first. Runner on third goes to home then changes his mind, runner on second is trapped between second and third. Throw to the catcher for a quick rundown between home and third—second out—and then runner on second tries for third and his tagged. Every infielder was involved in the triple play.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 7:33pm
The Jays just hit into the most clusterfucky triple play of all time. Second and third, VladJr grounds out pitcher to first. Runner on third goes to home then changes his mind, runner on second is trapped between second and third. Throw to the catcher for a quick rundown between home and third—second out—and then runner on second tries for third and his tagged. Every infielder was involved in the triple play.
I think that would be the Yankees 2nd triple play of the season.